About the job
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers. Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
As a Senior Data Engineer at CH Robinson, you will collaborate with our data science teams in upstream R&D projects, perform functional prototyping and facilitate the transfer of successful prototypes to production. You will apply principles and techniques of computer science and data engineering to build data management frameworks following designated standards and procedures. You will be joining a growing data science team and will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Analyze and translate high-level customer requirements into detailed designs to solve complex business problems
- Design solutions that align to the long-term plan for a service or product based on deep expertise and customer insights
- Partner with various engineering teams to create and manage a long-term data and information architecture and execution roadmap for a product or service
- Define data solutions and develop code across multiple products or services, as well as, influence or drive architectural changes
- Ensure consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable test infrastructure; draw from a large base of design patterns, is an expert in available technologies, and is adept at identifying practices that work well
- Identify code across multiple code bases to optimize, refactor, and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability while ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment
- Lead code reviews across the product or service, understand the root causes of issues, and find ways to resolve them
- Proactively identify performance and availability issues, troubleshoot, provide effective options, and resolve issues in production that could span multiple product areas
- Design products or services by using secure programming patterns and by finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications
- Minimum 6 years of experience developing and implementing commercial software across several platforms while leveraging a variety of programming languages
- Experience working on large-scale data sets in a commercial environment
- Experience building and modeling data in relational and non-relational data storage technologies including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques (e.g. SQL Server, Postgres, Mongo, Cosmos, etc.)
- Experience implementing and designing data acquisition, data curation, and data analysis
- Experience with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience orchestrating data transformation through cloud native platforms (ex. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data streaming architecture and frameworks (Kafka, ESB)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience with machine learning models and data science solutions
- Experience with modern development languages (e.g. .Net CORE, C#, Java)
- Possess solid communication skills and strong customer focus
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- Able to learn and understand the various technical domains across the enterprise and able to communicate complex technical and business concepts across the enterprise and various business stakeholders
- Experience directly or indirectly leading high performing teams with the ability to assess and grow software engineering talent
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
- Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Enhanced Fertility benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid and floating holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Charitable Giving Match Program
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTURE page.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10