At The Home Depot, our Cybersecurity Organization plays a vital role in developing and implementing security solutions to protect our associates, customers, and communities from internal and external threats.
This position will contribute on the Vulnerability Management Engineering team with the administration and support of the Qualys platform, as well as integrations with complimentary solutions, in a collaborative effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Vulnerability Management at the Home Depot and advance the maturity of the program.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
10% – Planning & Analysis:
- Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
- Drives the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements
- Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products
- Proactively creates and maintains tools for monitoring and support
- Participates in project planning and reporting across multiple efforts
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Drives configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Drives field and corporate roll-outs of technology
- Drives the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
50% – Support & Enablement:
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
- Opens and manages vendor problem tickets to resolution
- Drives the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service
10% – Learning:
- Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition would be infrequent and unobjectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
3+ years of experience in the following
- 5+ years in IT administration and engineering (Systems, Security, and/or Networking)
- 2+ years of experience in the Vulnerability Management space
- Strong Qualys Engineering experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in collaborating across multiple diverse teams to achieve goals and complete projects
- Knowledge and experience around vulnerabilities, risk and remediation efforts
- Familiarity with the threat landscape and protection strategies such as the Cyber Kill Chain, Defense in Depth, MITRE ATT&K
- Scripting, API, Automation skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time.
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors