This position offers an exciting opportunity as a Systems Engineer – Senior within the Data Protection Operations team. The initiative is a critical success factor to adapt to a rapidly changing technology environment and deliver the key program deliverables for space. You will need self-starting abilities to conduct risk analysis, configuration changes, and policy tuning. You will be a key contributor to the optimization of advanced Data Protection security controls across a large enterprise. To succeed you will need the ability to work with various cross-functional teams both within and outside of Cyber-Security. You will also drive the continual improvement of the resiliency and function of current DLP capabilities. A strong work ethic is required to deliver meaningful value in this role. A strong partnership with the business will be key to delivering value and reducing data loss and risk to the organization. On a typical day, you can expect to provide level 3 support to the incident management team, provide investigation support to the SOC, drive the improvement of DLP processes and procedures through automation, discover sensitive data, conduct analysis of data protection findings, provide remediation support, be a team player, bring fresh ideas and more.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
10% – Planning & Analysis:
- Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
- Drives the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements
- Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products
- Proactively creates and maintains tools for monitoring and support
- Participates in project planning and reporting across multiple efforts
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Drives configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Drives field and corporate roll-outs of technology
- Drives the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
50% – Support & Enablement:
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
- Opens and manages vendor problem tickets to resolution
- Drives the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service
10% – Learning:
- Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition would be infrequent and unobjectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1-3+ years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Work closely with business units to review and understand Data Protection requirements with the ability to articulate the impacts clearly and concisely, while recommending solutions and offering practical suggestions to remediation activities
- Work closely with business units on the operation of Data Protection related technology
- Work with Data Protection Software like Netskope (CASB), O365 (DLP), Forcepoint (DLP), Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)
- Define/Create operational and strategic metrics for the data protection program.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) for data governance and protection controls
- Conducts analysis of and provides metrics regarding DLP trends, anomalies, etc.
- Test, validate and tune operationalized DLP policy rules to help mitigate the risk to THD as it relates to data protection.
- Work closely with the business and IT Partners to identify High-Value Information Assets
- Escalate positive data loss incidents to the SOC and provide investigation support
- Insider threat and incident response experience is desired
- Work in a collaborative cross-matrix environment and be able to build and maintain key relationships throughout the business
- Have the ability to prioritize top threats and likelihood for data loss vectors
- Possess attention to detail and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with the team
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations and controls
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time.
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors