Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for supporting the company’s cybersecurity program identifying cybersecurity risks within the enterprise and developing initiatives to mitigate and/or eliminate those risks.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Supports all aspects of Data Governance efforts to ensure the quality and security of the data used across the organization.
- Assists with security-related triage, such as Incidents and Exceptions, to ensure timely diagnosis and resolution of possible network events.
- Handles Incident escalations from the team to ensure management is made aware of possible security breaches.
- Participates in Sprint planning for new implementations to ensure everyone in the organization is aware of development schedules and priorities and to ensure the Development team is focused on the appropriate deadlines.
- Creates User Stories for new technology implementation and prescribes Test Cases to ensure successful implementations within the organization.
- Monitors tools with security policies and procedures, ensures enforcement sanctions, and documentation to drive end-user compliance.
- Authors security policies, standards, procedures, and runbooks to ensure optimal security safety and compliance.
- Resolves security issues by working with other Infrastructure staff and users to minimize security interruptions and secure the Company’s IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study required
- Certification in a cybersecurity or information security discipline, such as CISSP, CEH or CISM preferred
- 7+ years of Information Technology security experience, preferably in a medium to large organization
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient in IT Security tools such as vulnerability management, endpoint detection and response, SIEM/SOC, Email Secure Gateway, Web filtering an SSL description and Next-Gen firewalls.
- Must have working knowledge of IT networking, Windows, and VMWare systems and related security requirements.
- Must possess the ability to be proactive and identify, define, and analyze complex data security issues and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative and independent judgment with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based on research results.
- Advanced analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of Cybersecurity administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Ability to efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information.
- Conduct detailed analysis of security events and evidence, compile and analyze data, and to furnish information in report format, written correspondence, email, or verbally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by the Company’s Code of Conduct daily
- Travel up to 10%
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation’s largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Granite”) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite’s resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite’s recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite’s Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Job ID : R0000001575
- Address Watsonville, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10