Date: Sep 14, 2021
Primary Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56600
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
This position resides in the Threat Defense Services team in Cybersecurity & Technology Risk. This team is responsible for proactive identification of cyber threats and risk posed to Company operations and technology. The Offensive Security Analyst will conduct threat analysis, provide assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, produce investigative leads, and uncover policy violations. The role integrates intelligence on adversary TTP’s and targets to prioritize offensive operations and discover critical targets while emulating said actor. The Offensive Security Analystprovides findings from offensive security operations to the required business units to convey the exploitability of a given network or device. Analyst will work closely with the Vulnerability Management team to contextualize the actual risk of vulnerabilities and applicable severity to the business. Analyst will also work closely with the incident response team in a purple team effort to ensure sufficient monitoring is in place. Analyst will perform targeted red team engagements against Nextera Energy systems on a cadenced or ad-hoc basis. Candidates prepare and present analysis, in the form of briefings and/or reports, that provide contextual information to managers and/or executives as required. They will be expected to travel 10% of the time, qualify for and maintain NERC CIP access.
This role is responsible for designing and driving offensive operations against a multitude of computer network systems.There is a focus on adversary emulation and integration of intelligence reports to select and test targets. The Offensive Security Analyst also develops and collaborates with stakeholders to implement counter measures to their findings from an operation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Conducts offensive operations against a variety of networks and targets ranging from traditional networks to individualdevices
• Performs red team engagements to strengthen enterprise risk posture
• Integrates provided intelligence to emulate adversaries in target selection and exploitation
• Analyzes Vulnerability Scan results and performs proof of concept exploitation as needed
• Collaborates with the Vulnerability Management team to contextualize risk to the business, helping drive remediation effort prioritization
• Performs Purple team engagements to strengthen defensive expertise and monitoring capabilities
• Provides guidance and expertise to appropriate business units and stakeholders as it relates to remediation efforts
• Uses OSINT to identify any external asset’s exposure to potential threat actors
• Collaborates with Threat Hunting Team to detect evidence of possible other exploitation following red team operations
• Drives automation of repeatable processes to reduce waste
• Experience in investigative processes and/or data analytics
• Experience in offensive security operations following frameworks such as PTES (Penetration Testing Execution Standard) or OWASP Web Security Testing Guide
• Experience with Python, PowerShell, and Bash scripting
• Experience with and/or strong understanding of cloud environments such as AWS and other aaS structures
• True passion and curiosity when it comes to tactics and techniques of cyber threat actors and how it relates to the corporate environment
• Ideal candidate is driven to continuously learn to hone their skills and expertise
• GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN, GCLD, OSCP or other applicable certifications are a plus
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company’s cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company’s IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Acts as subject matter expert for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE’s environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:5+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
- Address West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors