WHO WE ARE
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies is dedicated to being the best workers compensation insurance company by providing compassionate care to injured workers, superior service to our customers and compelling opportunities for our employees. BHHC has earned an enviable record of success and growth in the insurance industry while growing a culture centered around inclusion and collaboration. We pride ourselves on maintaining our small company feel and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Come be a part of our growing team!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will work closely with key business partners, internal technology teams and external vendors to research, deploy and configure technologies and processes that strengthen the defenses of the enterprise. As a technical expert, this individual will also actively participate in the mentorship and development of mid-level and/or junior-level teammates.
- Actively studies and evaluates risks to ensure the enterprise is addressing new and emerging threats/threat actors
- Actively works on and designs administrative / technical controls for systems and architectures
- Leads efforts to highlight and documents risks and security issues that could impact the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the business (both internally and externally)
- Participates and may lead Incident Response activity through hunting and various tools such as: SIEM, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), and other security technologies.
- Vulnerability Analysis and Remediation Program: Security and vulnerability tools
- Threat Intelligence through Boundary Defense: Firewall (architecture, configuration, objects, accounts, and rules review) and Web Security
- Host and Network Forensics (Log Events, PCAPs Indicators of Compromise (IOC’s)
- Disaster Recovery exercise
- Identity Access Management (Identity Store(LDAP, AD) RBAC, Federated SSO)
- Actively participates and may lead cyber exercises/tabletop (Identification, Response, Recovery)
- Remain knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and standards that may impact network security, cyber security, and compliance
- Actively mentors/coaches junior teammates to deliver cyber security solutions that provide value and meet departmental objectives
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Information/Cyber Security, Information Risk, Information Risk Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Management required.
- CERTIFICATIONS: Current certification on one of the following preferred: CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEH, or advanced degree in InfoSec or Computer Science
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years of experience in Network Security, IT Security and Cyber Security; preference with experience in one or more of the following cyber security domain areas: data level encryption, key management systems, web certifications, Incident response and management, application awareness, identity awareness, identity and access management, data handling and classification, web application firewalls, next gen firewalls, network zoning and segmentation, cyber resiliency, secure coding, fraud investigation and response, multi-factor authentication, identity and access management, DLP, forensics, BCP/DR, security within SDLC. Experience using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools, as well as capture tools such as Wireshark. Solid understanding of generally applicable and accepted auditing standards and framework (e.g NIST, COBIT)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Health and Wellness:
- Comprehensive medical plans with low premiums for you and your family
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company sponsored life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness reimbursement for health club memberships and other health and mental wellness activities
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off with generous accrual policy
- Commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement program to help foster your continued growth
- Employee discounts across Berkshire companies including Geico, See’s Candies, etc.
- Diverse atmosphere focused on inclusion, transparency and integrity
- Relaxed atmosphere with casual dress code
- Paid volunteer time and office-sponsored volunteer events
- Employee Assistance Program to help with your financial, legal, and personal concerns
Please review our CCPA policies here.
NOTE: BHHC does not conduct interviews via social media (e.g. Google hangout, LinkedIn, etc.). Please be aware that any such contact is fraudulent and we advise that you not provide any personal information. This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888.897.7781www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by local ordinance. Additionally, no applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense except to the extent necessary to obtain a necessary license or to comply with The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of l994, which prohibits the employment by an insurance company of persons convicted of certain crimes, unless a waiver is obtained.
- Address San Francisco, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors