The Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Incident Response) is a subject matter expert in the operation of a wide range of security technologies as well as analyzing and responding to cyber security threats that actively target businesses today. This person will assist in commanding the first, and second lines of cyber defense for Copart’s information technology assets while having partial responsibility for oversight and escalations from an internal, multi-national, established, 24x7x365 incident response team.
An ideal candidate must be capable in performing quality, in-depth forensic analysis of various malware, exploits, phishing attacks, malicious or suspicious network traffic and other cyber threats in a manner that would provide thorough and qualitive cyber defense adjustment recommendations as well as after action pro-active changes to security tools and information assets to better defend against future attacks.
This person must be an adept in troubleshooting the operational aspect of various security technologies. Additionally, the candidate for this role must stay current on emerging threats, new security technologies as well as cyber defense tactics and techniques. This person must be a highly motivated individual with the ability to self-start, think outside the box, prioritize, multi-task and eager to coach and assist in the growth of other, more junior members of their team.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Able to utilize emotional intelligence and business operation consideration when making cyber security related decisions.
- Ability to command a team consisting of multiple non security technology departments (Help Desk, Network Engineering, DEVOPS, Systems Engineering and others) in scenarios where coordinated response is required.
- Understanding of Threat Hunting and Threat Intelligence techniques.
- Strong knowledge on Firewalls, DNS Filtering, EDR, IDS/IPS, Email Security, MFA, Active Directory and Networking.
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux and OSX.
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies and how to apply cyber security.
- Strong understanding of exploits, vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Assist in composing cyber security related communications for a wide audience.
- Advising and coaching first and second level incident responders.
- Responsible in assisting on metrics creation, reporting and presentation to senior leadership for incident response activities.
- Act as subject matter expert for cyber security events and or incidents.
- Ensure cyber security event SLA’s are met across the team
- Ability to provide qualitative audits for previous cyber events for internal improvement
Required Knowledge / Experience / Qualities:
- Schooling Requirement— High school equivalency or GED
- Years of experience –1+ year in enterprise security
2+ years in a technology role
- Certifications — Good to have, not a requirement
- Knowledge of network ports, protocols, and associated cyber security defense measures.
- Understanding of web application security is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Personality traits like critical thinking, strong team player, self-starter, eagerness to learn.
- Ability to adjust and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Address Dallas, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5