About the job
Resp & Qualifications
To ensure the organization’s data remains protected from inappropriate access, disclosure and/or damage. To advocate for and execute the processes and practices of the Cybersecurity team while supporting business and customer needs.
- Suggests improvement initiatives through research of cybersecurity policies, indicators, and protocols.
- Designs technical solutions for network protection, endpoint security, access control, auditing, and log management. Develop/Enhance companywide security best practices.
- Remain up to date on Information Security trends and emergent threats.
- Researches emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
- Assess, plan, and execute security measures in a layered approach to protect the organization.
Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years relevant information security experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity trends and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of network architecture and firewall security.
- Understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risk management techniques, frameworks, best practices and industry/regulatory requirements.
Licenses/Certifications: CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional OR CISM – Certified Information Security Manager Upon Hire Preferred.
Department:InfoSec Cybersecurity Operatio
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship.
- Address Owings Mills, MD, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10