Full Job Description
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
The Cyber Defense Incident Responder provides a rapid initial response to any cyber threats against the enterprise. This person will work as part of a team that participates in any investigations into potential and actual cyber events observed in the enterprise and will also participate in a support capacity conducting analysis and implementation of findings from security audits and vulnerability tests using best-practices to further enhance the security posture of the enterprise. Furthermore, this person will assist in the guidance of junior analysts in a technical and developmental capacity. Lastly, this person will be responsible for the execution of delegated tasks and projects from more senior gCDC Operations team members.
- Support junior personnel during investigations, working groups, and standup meetings as well as serving as an alternate escalation point for issue resolution for junior analysts.
- Support peers and senior personnel with documentation, metrics and security program initiatives in a force multiplier role.
- Analyze reports, dashboards, and alerts to provide operational oversight of the security posture of the enterprise environment.
- Monitor and address all service tickets and digital correspondence coming into the queue(s) and engage resources as appropriate to resolve any outstanding issues.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Data Loss Prevention – Ability to work with teams in the event of a privacy risk incident
- Incident Response – knowledge of forensic techniques like acquisitions, preparation and delivery of structured executive updates, execution and administration of crisis bridges and the preparation and delivery of forensic action reports for executive leadership.
- Malware & Hacking Analysis – Advanced knowledge of malware + worm + virus trends and behavior and the ability to work with other teams to execute eradication procedures.
- Network & Packet Analysis – Ability to create a PCAP for network traffic using on-prem tools, ability to interpret packet header information and the ability to trace host & user network behavior using on-prem tools.
- Phishing Triage – Ability to analyze message headers and identify actionable indicators for remediation.
- Project Management – Ability to complete a project action item.
- Training & Documentation – Build a new incident handling procedure, conduct a training presentation, provide constructive feedback to fellow analysts on events and review and update incident handling documentation.
Minimum of (5) years of experience in Information Security, and at least (2) years of practical experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment and/or experience with security monitoring, event and anomaly analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
Formal Education & Certification:
** NOTE: An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the listed requirements.
The analyst will be expected to perform shift work as part of a 24×7 global team, occasionally requiring weekend and off-hours work.
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
IT – Information Technology Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel Relocation Provided: No AIG Employee Services, Inc.
- Address Reston, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors