We are looking for a Senior Data Protection Engineer who will be responsible for providing support of defined security and compliance requirements, adoption of security best practices for public cloud(s), and implementation of Data Protection methods. As a Senior Data Protection Engineer, you will help in designing and engineering data protection solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Humana against ongoing and potential security threats. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies and the determination to get the job done. To achieve results this will require the direct partnership and ability to influence multiple levels and areas of the organization. Candidate will assist on multiple EIP owned initiatives, which will encompass providing direct influence to multiple project team members, vendor evaluations and implementation of new technology.
- Perform engineering of data protection products. For example, Privacera.
- Understand and perform deployments on Azure and GCP Clouds
- Create CI/CD pipelines on Azure environment
- Perform risk assessments, follow and enhance the security solutions lifecycle (evaluation, purchase, build, technical policy configuration, integration into Cloud environments, and run).
- Contribute to Data Protection security solutions R&D to evaluate the latest cutting edge tools against unfilled strategic security capabilities to drive business priorities
- Act as a subject matter expert on the implementation and capabilities of existing security controls with a focus on Privacera.
- Identifies the need for new security technology solutions; designs, reviews and collaborates on the deployment of new solutions.
Research and Development
- Stays continually informed about the latest developments in the security field, including mitigation strategies, threats, tools, attack vectors, and cutting edge preventative measures.
- Participates in new products or technology solutions supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
- Performs technical proof of concepts.
- Hands on experience in automation (PowerShell and/or Python or a similar language, can be a beginner to intermediate level).
- Prior experience with Security & Major Incident response.
- Prior experience in Azure DevOps environment
- Prior experience in Azure monitoring
- Ability to write shell scripts
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of project sponsors and key stakeholders
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong Experience working in Agile environments.
- Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft Certifications On-Prem or Cloud, Cisco, CISSP, CEH, Azure, Amazon AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience in Cyber Security Operations Cyber functions
- Experience performing security operations functions in cloud environments (Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with common security controls in the enterprise (Firewall, Proxy, AV, SIEM, etc.)
Extensive knowledge and understanding of security issues, techniques, and implications across multiple computer platforms.
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent
- Access Controls
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
Enter #cloud to pull up list of cloud focused roles.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Address Louisville, KY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors