Requisition ID: 270106
- Relocation Authorized: National – Family
- Telework Type: Part-Time Telework
- Work Location: Reston, VA
Company and Project Overview:
Since 1898, Bechtel has helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. For over 70 years, Bechtel has been at the forefront of nuclear innovation delivering clean, reliable energy worldwide on over 150 nuclear power plants, adding more than 74,000 megawatts of nuclear generation capacity to the world. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
Bechtel and Westinghouse Electric Company have partnered to deliver the first AP1000 nuclear power reactors in Poland for our customer, the Polish Entity Polskie Elektrownie Jadrowe (PEJ). Bechtel will be the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor for the project. As the EPC, our responsibilities will include providing the design for the Turbine Island and Balance of Plant as well as the construction of the entire facility.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity, and we are looking for the talent that will help expand Poland’s nuclear base and build a strong and long-lasting energy future for generations to come.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit, requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines. Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered. May provide technical direction and assign work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
The Sr. Control Systems Engineer’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Translation of project scoping documents to systems design
- Design and review of Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) for various plant systems
- Origination and review of systems design criteria
- Origination and review of system design descriptions
- Generation of Control Systems design and design change packages
- Specification and application of instrumentation and control valves
- Generation of instrument and control valve data sheets and material requisitions
- Origination and review of setpoint calculations
- Design and review of digital and analog control logic
- Data entry to instrumentation, valve, and I/O databases
- Design and application of tubing and instrument installations, etc.
- Coordination of physical locations of instrumentation, control valves, control cabinets, etc.
- Design and review of internal cabinet layouts, including component locations and wiring
- Design and review of control room layouts, with consideration of human factors
- Design and review of control system network architecture
- Allocation and layout of facility control system I/O
- Consider Industrial Control System cybersecurity requirements within all aspects of control systems design
- Participation in and oversight of Industrial Control Systems (DCS and/or PLC) programming
- Review control systems graphic displays
- Review of supplier provided data and documentation
- Participate in supplier factory acceptance testing
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines and other functions
- Perform plant or site walkdowns and generate of walkdown notes/packages
- Provide technical assistance to more junior engineers, designers, drafters
- Coordinate with client and/or business partner representatives, as required
- Lead small engineering task group(s)
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or related engineering field, from an accredited university, with nine (9) years of progressive related experience, or in lieu of degree, fifteen (15) years of progressive related control systems engineering experience.
- Must be authorized to live and work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Possess active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
- Experience in power plant or other process facility design
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards pertinent to control systems engineering and nuclear industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 application suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of control systems engineering work processes, procedures, and specifications
- Willingness to travel on business trips in support of the project to client, supplier, business partner facilities or to site, as required
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer’s (PE) license, or equivalent (such as Chartered Engineer) within one (1) year of hire
- Extensive knowledge of Codes and Standards pertinent to Control Systems engineering
- Current (not expired) Professional Engineer’s (PE) License
- Supervisory or lead experience within Control Systems discipline, including planning work and executing work on a budget
- Good knowledge of Bechtel administrative processes
- Working knowledge of Bechtel Digital Supply Chain System and/or Oracle Agile for material requisitions
- Basic Industrial Control Systems programming skills
- Knowledge of data acquisition techniques and hardware
- Knowledge of current engineering automation tools
- Experience with AP1000 Nuclear Power Plant Design.
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOE project experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
- Address Reston, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20