As the Senior Control Programmer, you will be serving as the administrator of the systems and procedures for ensuring the security and change control effectiveness of manufacturing system software and machine programs. You will also be leading the evolution of these systems to continuously improve software management methods, training and compliance to documented requirements, as well as systematic and procedural changes to improve ease of use and maintain revision control. In addition to the software administration responsibilities, you will be working as a Controls Engineer on projects to improve productivity, quality, yield and cycle time in the manufacture of IDEXX products.
Exceeding customer expectations is one of the guiding principles at IDEXX. Our credibility as a company relies on our ability to deliver quality products to our customers on time and with no disruption to their business. IDEXX’s Worldwide Operations Team works to meet this challenge each day with world-class manufacturing capabilities, and a global network of distribution hubs, with focus on efficiency, regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement.
What you can expect in this role
- In the Senior Control Programmer role, you will be working closely with the other IDEXX controls engineers to learn the existing software applications and machine programs, and the current software/program management and change control processes.
- With the support and participation of the engineering team and stakeholders, you will help develop a machine software and program control system improvement roadmap.
- Utilizing this roadmap and available resources, you will facilitate the activities to continuously improve the machine software and program management system to achieve increased software security, compliance to IDEXX standards and ease of use.
- To remain current in machine software and PLC programming as a controls engineer, you will participant in a variety of controls projects to address equipment obsolescence, safety, productivity, yield and cycle time opportunities.
What you will need to succeed
- A technical degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience is PLC programming and/or software and machine program administration.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley Ladder logic is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with the use of formal software change control processes
- Experience with software security and database backup methodologies
- Experience with software version control, and version history records and archives.
- Familiarity with SICK safety PLC’s and vision systems.
- Familiarity with typical IQ/OQ/PQ plan development, approval, and execution protocols.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and projects through to successful completion and attainment of goals.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as members of cross-functional teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to communicate technical data, technical writing skills, and the ability to create standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and work instructions which can be understood by the audience for those documents
- Problem solving ability associated with product development, manufacturing, or other technical issues. Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and implement solutions. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- General computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and other engineering software as required. Some working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Ability to plan and lead strategic projects, and work cooperatively with project teams to navigate through obstacles and achieve project objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization, using solid verbal, written and presentation skills.
- You are a continuous learner with a keen intellectual curiosity and an interest in new technologies, systems, and methods.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry – we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
Let’s Pursue What Matters.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
- Address Westbrook, ME, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors