Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
SENIOR CLOUD SOLUTION ARCHITECT
Location: Raleigh, NC
- Own the cloud architecture for a portfolio of products and solutions, providing a platform for application teams to build upon and make the best use of the cloud.
- Design efficient, secure, adaptable, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions that include Azure infrastructure and platform services
- (data, networking, application).
- Manage front-end platforms, servers, storage, and delivery and networks required to manage cloud storage.
- Serve as a cloud Subject Matter specialist for executing and overseeing cloud computing strategy for digital transformation.
- Be responsible for mapping cloud adoption plans, application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
- Manage application architecture requirements and operation in cloud environments.
- Provide expertise to advise digital product teams to architect, build and deploy next generation cloud solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to comprehend solution problems and identify opportunities for the usage of cloud infrastructure, platform, and computing.
- Work together with a team of data scientists, application developers, engineers, and designers to deliver innovative technology solutions using private, public or hybrid cloud services
- Responsible for collecting and defining technical requirements to enable business process and integrations.
- Lead cross functional team of engineers, cloud security and IT specialists to design effective, efficient, scalable, and secure applications within the organization’s Cloud software platform.
- Ensure that solutions created by the machine learning and digital application development team stick to technical architecture standards.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing codes and also contributing to all technical discussions and architecture planning.
- Actively contribute your knowledge of modern software/application development techniques and the design of services that utilize recent technologies and architecture to produce services.
- Note down and maintain clear documentation and standards for cloud operations in the organization.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technology trends and promote an environment of learning.
- Responsible for monitoring the production environment and also advance the obtainable monitoring setup as needed.
- Sustain performance and availability of production systems in the MS Azure public cloud infrastructure to achieve optimal uptime.
- Embrace the DevOps way of working for continuous delivery and self-healing systems.
- Partner with Cyber and Security to ensure security controls are embedded into the architecture/designs.
- Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate feasibility of new ideas and innovations.
- Lead project deliverables across multiple work-streams and guide projects with high quality and engineering discipline.
- Leverage industry knowledge and stay close to technology developments in the cloud communities.
- Provide technical direction to the development teams.
- Develop trusting relationships with our business and other subject matter experts.
- Communicate with senior leaders regarding the architecture, discuss problems and recommend solutions and improvements.
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
Required for the Sr Cloud Solution Architect
- Bachelor’s degree but Masters/PhD preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- 10+ years of relevant professional work experience designing, executing, and supporting IT Cloud solutions; Cloud architect certification with MS Azure preferred.
Preferred for the Sr Cloud Solution Architect
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of cloud-native architecture, microservice architecture, reactive/event-driven architecture, design thinking, user experience, data analytics, security and DevOps/CI/CD principles.
- Experience designing API ecosystems and building consumption models.
- Experience with distributed data environments and designing API’s.
- Define architecture and deployment strategies.
- Understanding of RBAC and technical network security principles.
- Expert in three or more of the following areas: compute, storage, networking, & security.
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle processes, enterprise application software installation and maintenance, integrating with third-party applications through API interfaces and other means.
- Familiarity with mobile application development, ability to build applications using microservices architecture, and capacity to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Technical knowledge of methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and DevOps; frontend such as Vue, React, Angular, AngularJS, and Meteor; backend such as Node, Express, Koa, Java; and Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA, Hadoop Ecosystem, and graph databases; performance monitoring such as AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, New Relic; and Cloud Infrastructure, including AWS, Apache, NGINX, Chef, Puppet, Docker, GitHub, Jira; others: SSO, SAML, SFTP, PM2, load-balancing, auto-scaling, and automated testing.
- Working knowledge of fundamental networking, security, and systems engineering concepts such as TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, and SSL; understanding of scripting or programming languages such as shell script, Perl, Ruby or Python, practical knowledge of Infrastructure as Code solution such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef, hands-on experience in cloud provisioning tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, and experience in Linux operating system.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID : 21132
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20