About the job
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation’s housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued contributor of the Single-Family Analytics (SFA) team, you will advise the team on data and process architecture solutions that enable team members to develop Cloud data infrastructure and pipelines to capture, integrate, organize, and centralize data in support of different Single Family analytic/BI activities. In addition to provide expertise on the implementation of new tools or processes on the Cloud, or to migrate existent on prem processes to the Cloud successfully.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Single Family – Data Engineering – Advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities
- Advise the team on architecture solutions and/or tools that help support data and/or process needs on the Cloud,
- You will interact closely with other governance groups such as Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) and Information Security to ensure our Cloud solutions and processes follow Enterprise guidelines and use approved tools and practices.
- Advise management on new Cloud tools/services or database technologies.
- Collaborate with management on organizing and integrating Cloud data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
- Advise management on incorporating new data sources and monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand using graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives.
- Strong logic, reasoning, and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Adaptive to change: Demonstrated ability to problem solve on the fly and tailor your approach to the resources at hand.
- Must be an independent problem solver who can evaluate a situation and build solution options.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process.
- Influencing skills including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Product Development skills including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objective
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Services/Architecture
- Experience in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, Batch or ECS
- Experience with AWS Storage services such as: S3, EFS, Glacier.
- Experience in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch
- Experience in AWS Analytics such as Athena, EMR, Glue, Redshift, Kinesi
- Strong knowledge in Python object-oriented programming
- Strong experience with AWS Database services such as: RDS, DynamoDB
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Experience using AWS Application Integration Services such as: Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS), Step Functions.
- Experience with AWS Developer tools such as: CodeDeploy, CodePipelin
- Experience with JSON
- Strong experience with SQL
- Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and big data.
- Strong experience with data migration, cloud migration, and ETL processes.
- Experience determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action.
- 6 years of relavent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience with R is preferred
- Experience with Jenkins is preferred
- AWS Certifications Developer and/or Solutions Architect
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Job ID: REF6565J
- Address Washington, DC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10