Are you interested in guiding key business decisions around securing systems and data across an entire enterprise? Do you want to provide insights to leaders that drive a more secure Amazon? Are you interested in working backwards from the customer to ensure you’re solving the right problems? We are looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, and strategic BI Engineer to help us build solutions to answer business questions around security management within Amazon.
Our organization is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We’re connected to all parts of Amazon’s business and its massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect, and operate their enterprise-scale systems securely on AWS.
In this role, you will lead the vision and presentation of our data. You will be working in one of the world’s largest and most complex security data warehouse environments. You will leverage your expertise translate datasets into meaningful reports and visualizations through collaboration with leaders, SDEs and Data Scientists. You will have ownership of end-to-end development of business intelligence solutions to answer complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making. You will partner with the leadership team to drive key decisions that will influence and impact Amazon’s software stack fully on native AWS. You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
The successful candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and be able to collaborate with data engineers to analyze data that will answer those questions. They should have a solid understanding of how to communicate through data. They should be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to enjoy working closely with their peers in a collaborative setting.
Key job responsibilities
The security data we own can be used to quantify risk, hold leaders and their teams accountable, identify false positive trends, identify organizations abusing the exception process, identify ineffective campaigns, and quantify the workload being placed on the company by InfoSec’s entire issue management program.
This role is responsible for providing reliable, consistent, and accurate insights to leaders throughout Amazon using cutting-edge reporting, visualizations, dashboards, and more.
Our customers are business leaders throughout Amazon CDO, InfoSec leadership, security campaign owners, security engineers, federated security teams, and service owners.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline
· 5+ years of data engineering experience, software engineering, or other related roles.
· Proficiency with data querying or modeling techniques with SQL
· Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EMR, and Glue
· Experience defining and driving a BI roadmap
· 2+ years working with distributed, highly available systems
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Master degree in BI, engineering, computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
· 5+ years in relevant experience as data scientist, data engineer, software engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent
· Experience in data mining, SQL, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources and cross functional collaboration
· Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
· Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
· Familiarity with native AWS solutions for maintaining ETL/ELT pipelines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job ID: 1979888
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10