About the job
Party City Holdco Inc. (PCHI) is a global leader in the celebrations industry. A vertically integrated designer, manufacturer, distributor, and retailer, PCHI offers consumer party goods in more than 100 countries around the world.
PCHI team members demonstrate a daily commitment to the company‘s Brand Purpose: to inspire joy by making it easy for customers to create unforgettable memories by connecting them to everything they need for life’s many celebrations.
PCHI operates multiple business divisions, including the Retail Division and the Consumer Products Division. On the retail side, Party City (partycity.com) is a leading omnichannel retailer in the celebrations category, operating more than 800 company-owned and franchise stores throughout North America. Additional Halloween City (halloweencity.com) pop-up storefronts are also located throughout North America seasonally. Comprising the Consumer Products Group are design and manufacturing entities Amscan, an industry leader across multiple celebrations goods and costumes, and Anagram, a dominant player in balloons.
The Sr. Application Developer will partner and work with the Senior Developers to deliver software solutions to the business according to agreed upon specifications and in compliance with IT technology and security standards. This role will report to the Applications or Project Manager. This role will require the candidate to have 10+ years of developing applications, and experience with building applications in cloud using AWS Architecture and technologies.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop application code based on specifications provided by project management and according to defined IT standards, following our software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Conduct program testing, for both internally and externally generated programs.
• Maintain system design and program documentation.
• Fulfill information requests from users.
• Assist with training when appropriate.
• Comply with guidelines for development tools and methods.
• Ensure that application software meets the requirements for internal standards for security, compliance, and development best practices.
• Ensure required documentation is drafted and approved.
• Proactively incorporate continuous improvement into the standard company defined SDLC process.
• Assist with production support and partner with Project Managers and users to resolve production issues that arise.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor of Science and/or equivalent experience in Information Technology.
- 10+ years of experience, specifically program logic, programming, data migration, and all phases of testing is required.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Change Control Management is required.
- Has demonstrated experience working with a lamp stack.
- Has experience working within an Agile framework (Scrum, kanBan) for delivering project.
- Can work on east coast time zone a plus.
- Deliver solutions that involves working both backend and front-end technologies.
- Has experience building application that run in the cloud using AWS cloud technologies, architecture, tools etc.
- ReactJS [2+ years]
- NodeJS [3+ years]
- CSS[3+ years]
- NPM/Yarn[3+ years]
- Git[3+ years]
- AWS Lambda[3+ years]
- Java[5+ years]
Additional skills requested:
- Streaming Technologies such Kafka/kenesis
- Dynamo Db and other no-sql
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within strict time constraints and adapt to changing direction and timelines.
- Ability to work independently with a proactive approach.
- Experience working with internal and external compliance standards such as PCI, SOX.
- GDPR is a plus.
- Experience with training of system users and coordinating activity of system consultants, outside programmers, and vendors is preferred.
- Basic understanding of accounting, manufacturing, and distribution is preferred
- Business Acumen: The Developer must have a solid understanding of standard business functions enabled by an ERP application including A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory, Purchasing, Customer Order Processing, Warehouse Management, as well as others a plus.
- Salary Offer $79,241/yr to $105,179/yr
- Address Woodcliff Lake, NJ, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20