About the job
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Senior Analyst (Oracle ERP/Oracle Cloud – Financials)
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to make it a reality with remote work and potentially, part-time work.
- We believe an inclusive, diverse and barrier-free work environment makes for empowered and committed employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families and also offer a variety of paid family leave programs.
- We are committed to employee development, offering tuition reimbursement and a variety of in-house learning and mentorship opportunities.
- We know that financial security is important. We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs, RSU’s (job level specific) and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is non-negotiable. We offer flexible paid time off!
- Great work deserves recognition. We have a robust recognition program, with ongoing and enhanced awards for exemplary performance.
How You Will Contribute
Reporting to the Director, IT Finance Service Management, as a Senior Analyst, you will steward technical solutions and technical teams for multiple strategic projects focused on IT centric applications deployments across platforms such as Oracle EBS and a variety of SaaS applications. A candidate should have experience providing functional expertise and lead technical roles on Oracle EBS projects.
In this role, you can function as the Functional Lead and/or Technical Lead and will collaborate with subject matter experts to translate project objectives and requirements into solutions with other leaders on projects. Your role will be expected to drive technical tasks through delivery. Candidate needs to demonstrate experience on medium to large scale projects/programs.
In this role, you should be able to demonstrate experience with the following:
- Partner with Business SMEs to prioritize requirements and estimate effort and resources
- Able to work as a technical lead on projects to contribute to the technical delivery functions including but not limited to configuration activities, integrations, technical build, driving testing cycles, and alignment of build to requirements. You will work on efforts that impact Oracle Finance and Supply Chain processes (for example: Order to Cash).
- Define detailed Functional and Technical requirements for customizations, automations and integrations with Oracle EBS and partner with technical teams to design and test automations and integrations. Assist with the identification and resolution of complex and critically important issues.
- Ability to perform analysis using skills such as PL/SQL, SQL, Alteryx, or other tools to identify data issues, assess impacts, and provide details from a technical perspective to solve business problems or identify solution options.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, manage, coordinate, track, and report your work.
- Coordinate with IT Peers, Business Managers, Resource Managers and IT PMO Managers for resource assignments, project deliverables, issue resolution and escalation and overall delivery of work elements.
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
- Initiative – you’re a self-starter who works with limited direction and is committed to delivering against challenging deadlines.
- A customer first mentality – what’s important to the customer is also important to you.
- Agility – you are readily able to manage competing and ever-changing priorities and maintain a balanced and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Communication expertise – you possess the ability to tailor your message and ideas to the audience to ensure understanding and consensus.
- The flexibility to work independently and as part of a broader team – you thrive in a team environment, are comfortable working independently, and know how to get things done in a virtual environment.
- Relationship builder – with a demonstrable ability to influence, you’re able to quickly develop trusted connections and get work done through others.
- Critical thinking – you readily approach problems in a consistent and systematic way.
- A commitment to ongoing learning – increasing your knowledge of rules, regulations, and standards in the fields of internal audit, IT, and related matters of interest to the department.
The Must Haves
- Highly-experienced individual interested in progressing their career with proven history of successful technical/functional roles with Oracle applications and other relevant tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of End to End Oracle Global Financial business processes with a focus on Order to Cash and the ability to translate requirements into Functional / Technical requirements. General understanding of Oracle configurations and work products.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify solutions, and address business issues either individually or part of a team using relevant tools.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating with business teams and ability to work independently with little hands-on supervision delivering across aggressive timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology or related fields coupled with extensive project and program management experience.
- Experience in Oracle ERP-related projects, Oracle Cloud Fusion migrations.
- Knowledge of EDI and PL/SQL is an advantage
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Candidate should be flexible to working US and India hours if needed.
- Experience on documentation creation (MD50, BR100, testing scripts)
Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally or equivalent. SW development tools such as Toad. Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Microsoft Office Tools.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.
- Address Maryland, USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5