Full Job Description
Description – External
United’s Digital Technology team designs, develops, and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
Our Values: At United Airlines, we believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. Our Shared Purpose: “Connecting people. Uniting the world.” drives us to be the best airline for our employees, customers, and everyone we serve, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. Our team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation.
With multiple employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities and world-class benefits like health insurance, parental leave, and space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work that will make you feel welcome and accepted. Come join our team and help us make a positive impact on the world.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Data Protection & Privacy Senior Analyst is responsible for building and contributing to the Data Protection & Privacy programs. The senior analyst leads and provides ongoing support of this program by ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. The Data Protection & Privacy Sr. Analyst works closely with Legal, HR, Business, Digital Technology, and other Cybersecurity associates and is part of a strategic and comprehensive cybersecurity team that is accountable for ensuring compliance in accordance with regulatory expectations, risk appetite, organizational risk practices and evolving business practices
- Lead the implementation of the Data Protection & Privacy strategy & programs
- Understand, communicates, and implement end-to-end capabilities such as Data Governance, Data Protection, Data Privacy, Data Rights Management, Data Encryption & Tokenization, Data Classification and Data Security in the cloud
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to evaluate potential compliance areas to identify gaps and ensure full compliance with data protection & privacy regulations
- Interpret and apply relevant laws, regulations, policies, and related guidance to enhance processes, policies, standards, or programs, in support of cybersecurity responsibilities
- Facilitate discussions with business teams to educate them about applicable privacy/data protection requirements, including those relevant to cybersecurity controls
- Coach team members
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years in STEM-related field
- Strong understanding of Data Protection & Privacy standards and regulations local, domestic, and global to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data
- Interpret patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the enterprise’s cybersecurity program
- Skill in communicating with all levels of management (e.g., interpersonal skills, approachability, effective listening skills, appropriate use of style and language for the audience)
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment to deadlines, with the ability to address multiple activities concurrently
- Hands on experience with Data Protection & Privacy vendors. Tools such as DLP, CASB, Proxy and Encryption & Tokenization.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security
- Knowledge of security engineering and architecture concepts
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5