Under the guidance of the Manager, this position is responsible for development, testing, and production support of Bank of Hawaii applications; oversight of business and vendor relationships; leadership of project design and phases, identification and analysis of problems; and drives the investigation of solutions, new approaches and techniques for implementation. If applicable or appropriate, ensures business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Leads systems and/or process analysis and design to meet functional and organizational requirements, individually and/or through assigned staff.
- Provides input and recommends alternatives while costing, estimating, or validating solutions, individually and/or through assigned staff.
- Incorporates Bank of Hawaii Information security policies and procedures into all system designs.
- Incorporates the reuse of existing components within designs where feasible and efficient.
- Aligns systems designs with Bank of Hawaii’s business and technical strategies.
- Participates in continuous review to ensure that systems meet changing business and regulatory conditions.
- Manages full systems life cycles which include hardware or software replacement and redesign.
- Nurtures a positive business relationship with business units and partners.
- Point of contact for one or more business applications.
- Facilitates and works with business users to identify and analyze their needs and define business requirements for new or existing systems.
- Ensures that business requirements are clear, feasible and properly prioritized.
- Facilitates discussions among technical staff to provide the business community with alternatives and solutions to meet agreed requirements.
- Identifies and proposes business solutions.
- Negotiates deliverables across multiple business groups.
- Understands and applies the discipline of business process management.
- Analyzes business partner operations to determine opportunities to streamline and automate business process.
- Supports planning and prioritization of process engineering and related activities.
- Advises business partners on options, risks, cost versus benefits, and impact on business process, goals and budget.
- Leads project planning sessions with clients, business analysts, and team members.
- Directs efforts and communicates project status, schedules and risk assessment.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business units and IT.
- Supports the production environment; logs and tracks problems; responds to questions and support requests and ensures the production environment meets service levels established with business units.
- Leads and ensures appropriate analysis of problems, initiates corrective actions through resolution, takes steps to improve production support, implements preventative measures and ensures status updates are provided to those impacted in support of the IMSG Service Level Agreement.
- Facilitates meetings with Business Units and technical staff to address issues.
- Ensures outstanding problems are addressed by the appropriate support group/individual and priorities and deadlines are established.
- Performs regular follow-up according to procedures, and confirms resolution with user prior to closing the problem reports.
- Confirms impact of user problems are communicated via the various communication channels.
- Maintains knowledge of products and services supported.
- Ensure system performance levels are monitored and develops the appropriate alerting and reporting processes as appropriate.
- Initiates communication with vendor and if needed, escalates with vendor management for problem resolution.
- Implements program/system updates and enhancements, in accordance with corporate policies and Information Management and Systems Group (IMSG) standards.
- Manages application system updates and ensures that processes are in place such that similar updates are applied to the underlying infrastructure and associated interfaces.
- Coordinates with other technical teams to identify, research, and resolve problems with application systems, their associated interfaces, and underlying infrastructure.
- Maintains documentation of IT procedures, system configuration standards, maintenance and upgrades.
- Follows risk management guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable BOH policies.
- Has an understanding and manages vendor to deliver agreed-upon service levels and delivery commitments related to systems performance.
- Manages resolution of issues and concerns with vendor performance especially where there is impact to production and project deliverables and escalates to vendor manager when necessary.
- Directs vendors to configure vendor delivered products and services to adhere to defined technical specification.
- Leads and/or participates in contractual negotiations and recommends appropriate changes based on corporate IT standards and support requirements.
- Leads and/or supports the development of Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposal (RFPs) and business cases.
- Leads and/or participates in evaluation of vendor proposals and performance taking into account corporate strategy and IT architecture standards.
- Leads and/or supports vendor to identify opportunities for innovation, cost reduction, and improved functionality and efficiencies with provided solutions.
- Leads and/or supports the assessment of vendor solution options, identifying risks, cost/benefits, and on-going support considerations.
- Develops and maintains systems from a given set of requirements directly or through other staff.
- Leads design, code and configuration reviews.
- Analyzes reviews and rewrites programs and systems to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements either internally or through a contracted vendor.
- Ensures system application, configuration, and/or program code produced individually, by vendors or staff members adheres to the Bank’s standards and applicability to business requirements.
- Provides logic, screen flows, and diagrams depicting data integration and flows from technical specifications.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all technical development and subsequent revisions.
- Reuses existing components in new designs and develops new code for reuse.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Maintains and enhances third-party software.
- Leads the planning and execution of application and systems installations and upgrades, including security and program configuration and maintenance for business applications and databases in production, development, test and disaster recovery environments.
- Leads and participates in team events and projects.
- Works with all levels of staff and management to address concerns and resolve issues.
- Coordinates and communicates status on issues, projects and other business activities to management and business partners.
- Drives assigned tasks through to completion.
- Provides technical leadership, assistance, and review of work for junior and peer staff members and vendors.
- Provides appropriate staff mentoring and coaching to foster a strong team atmosphere.
- Provides input for performance management and development opportunities for junior staff.
- Responsible for own learning; takes initiative to become educated and knowledgeable on topics pertaining to technology, banking industry, and job.
- Educates users on systems and processes and acts as and IT consultant.
- Provides cross training with other team members to maintain effective back up.
- Understands and articulates to the IT organization the direction of the business, emerging technologies and their cost/benefit.
- Investigates and facilitates the development of new approaches and techniques for possible implementation individually or through staff. Works closely with management to ensure that all systems are in line with the IMSG technology strategy.
- Reviews current process and recommends alternatives/solutions for improved efficiency.
- May assist with the leadership of a team or section including staffing, scheduling, performance management and development.
- Develops test plans that incorporate Corporate Testing Standards and may guide junior staff in the use of industry standards.
- Provides guidance on the development of appropriate testing activities for junior staff.
- Directs and performs testing activities.
- Partners with Business units in support of test scripts and test plans for acceptance testing.
- Reviews vendor documentation and assists business units with procedures development.
- Leads design and pre-implementation walkthroughs.
- Ensures that a test environment is available.
- Ensures test results are documented and approvals are received prior to implementation.
- Ensures development and validity of disaster recovery plans for assigned applications.
- Defines interface requirements and methodology.
- Recommends business testing requirements.
Performs All Other Miscellaneous Responsibilities And Duties As Assigned.
This position requires use of a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work related experience.
- Experience: Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant IT experience with at least 1 year of experience programming or scripting language. Banking or Financial industry experience is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated advanced expertise with personal computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software. Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software and systems.
- Other Job Qualifications: Ability to build strong working relationships and partnerships across organization with a collaborative and consultative approach. Possess strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills to identify business and process improvement opportunities and risks, implement procedural change, and establish internal controls. Strong project management and organizational skills required to execute and complete projects on-time. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and assignments with varying deadlines. Must be willing to learn programming and development. Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
As a Bank of Hawaii employee, you ensure (or assist with ensuring) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
Delivering exceptional customer experiences is at the heart of what we do at Bank of Hawaii. We listen, understand and deliver what our customers need to help them build a better tomorrow.
We are an EEO/AA employer, including disability and veterans. For Bank of Hawaii’s full EEO statement, please visit https://www.boh.com/careers.
- Address Honolulu, HI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10