Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for a UX Researcher who has a passion for unearthing human insights to guide the design of an offering.
The world of security is incredibly complex and layered…and it is rich with opportunity for design patents, unique interfaces and incredible data visualizations. You will play a key role in building experiences that help our customers ensure the security, stability and integrity of data controlled in their environment
As a design researcher on our team: You will help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple cybersecurity and information technology users. You will collaborate across development, design, and marketing teams to evaluate current and future user needs that help to improve product definition and drive business goals. You will help to cultivate a healthy community for design research to flourish, building up our practices and advocating for the integrity and ethics of design research. You will help to enforce high quality standards for our products and for our users, backed up by research. In the role of a UX Researcher you will develop a well-crafted research plan with clear research objectives. Location requirements for this role are either: Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, RTP, NC, Cambridge, MA or Littleton, MA.
- Helping to build up a healthy practice of design research, from planning to execution
- Serving as a guide to the research-curious and facilitate them on their path to conduct research on their own
- Establishing and implementing an overall research strategy in a deeply technical domain
- Writing usability research screeners and discussion guides
- Working closely with designers to implement proper design assets needed for research
- Recruiting targeted end-user for specific research studies
- Helping develop and implement quantitative and qualitative research
- Conducting stakeholder and client interviews
- Translating user insights into actionable recommendations for the product team
- Collaborating with other researchers in Security to improve practices and cross-pollinate information to bring our products closer together
- Creating human-centered stories and artifacts to communicate insights across the design and development teams
- Presenting design research findings to the larger team in a clear and organized fashion
- Working closely with the product team to identify research objectives that help support overall business strategy
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in successfully driving strategic and tactical research
- Excellent written, verbal communications, storytelling, and documentation skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly growing environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical background
- Proficient in Design Thinking methodologies
- Experience leading a workshop for clients and stakeholders
- Network administration or IT domain knowledge
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Address Austin, TX
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors