About the job
Coordinates the design and maintenance of all access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems across the enterprise. Assists in preparing requests for proposal and design for all new projects. Receives and evaluates business unit work orders and requests, investigates requests and troubleshoots problems where appropriate, establishes priorities and coordinates with contractors, when required, to make necessary repairs. Provides subject matter expertise related to all physical security systems. Incumbent coordinates the work of outside contractors to make sure all work meets GSS design standards. Represents the Global Security Services team when consulting for new construction projects at all facilities. Continuously supports the enterprise and assists in the enterprise-class physical security product suite. May study, investigate, prepare reports and metrics and/or recommend preventative or corrective actions in areas requiring specific expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Assists with the procurement, and maintenance of access control system and video management system, as well as the integration of other safety and security subsystems, i.e. intrusion detection. Assists with designs and/or coordinates the work of contractors who install wiring in enterprise-wide new construction and remodel projects relating to systems. Reviews plans for all access control, intrusion video surveillance and life-safety alarm work related to new construction to be certain work meets requirements. Assists with scheduled maintenance, cleaning and minor adjustments to electronic devices, including but not limited to access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection devices. Makes sure equipment is updated and operational, meeting required local, state, federal and ADA requirements. Responds to phone, email, voice mail, verbal and written work orders. Issue and track work orders and work closely with vendors to assure timely resolution of service issues. Assists with security systems integration, mapping and software updates and helps train other security personnel in the use of these systems. Assists on new projects in both existing areas and new construction helping with security assessments, vendor selection, technology upgrades, product selections, testing, field verification of systems and inspection of work in progress for compliance with standards. Makes recommendations for security equipment and systems. Oversees issuing, assigning access rights for access control cards and decommissioning of access control cards. Organizes and manage parts stock and tools. Defines options and estimates costs, sets priorities and schedules for construction activities. Maintains inventory of essential parts and equipment to ensure repairs and installation in a timely manner. Observes the work of contractors and brings safety concerns to their attention as needed. Reports all unsafe acts and conditions which remain uncorrected to supervisor. Allows no work to be performed when conditions are considered unsafe. Maintains appropriate records as required. Performs other related duties as assigned This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Basic project management best practices;
• Security system technology to include, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems such as, DMP, RS2, Exacqvision, Milestone, etc.
• Applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations;
• Departmental processes and policies;
• Working knowledge of low voltage systems;
• Working knowledge of network principles; i.e. subnetting, vLANs, QoS, PoE, etc.
• Working knowledge of cyber security principles of Physical Security and /or Internet of Things (IoT) devices;
• Operating a computer and various software packages;
• Problem identification and problem solving in a highly technical environment;
Comprehend technical language and read and interpret blue prints, wiring diagrams, and schematics;
• Stay abreast of changes in security and information technology.
• High school diploma or Associates in Technical related degree required.
• 5 years of experience working with security systems to include, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems or similar experience working with IT systems and networks.
• 3 -5 years of experience in physical security technology application design or IT system design.
• 1 year of experience inspecting access control and video surveillance systems and / or knowledge of cyber security principles of Physical Security and /or IoT systems.
- Address Warsaw, IN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors