About the job
Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
The Security Solutions Architect role at Booking Holdings is responsible for designing and supporting the implementation of a common security architecture across the Booking Holdings brands. In this role, you will have a thorough understanding of complex technology systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and security products. This role is accountable for the architectural design and ongoing lifecycle management of the security solutions that keep Booking Holdings and its brands safe. This ensures that our security investments meet our security policy and risk management objectives in an optimized and effective manner. In order to fulfil this role, the Security Solutions Architect will need to stay abreast of not only the latest technology offering but also the threat landscape to ensure our investments are delivering on quality outcomes and meet a set criteria for the return-on-investment.
A deep understanding of the broader business is a prerequisite as our security investments should map to a business outcome in that they enable and/or otherwise protect revenue generating activities from harm or impediment. The Security Solutions Architect works across domains and Booking Holdings brands, so it includes the ability to design, collaborate, and motivate senior leaders and technical teams to follow architectural principles.
A security architect’s role is to own the architectural roadmap, to define the architectural vision, and to facilitate its realization by security teams across the Booking Holdings brands. To achieve this, a security architect needs to balance long term thinking and pragmatism, and apply an agile approach to achieve the architectural vision through iterative changes.
Responsibilities and Duties
The key responsibility of the Security Solution Architect is to design a Security Architecture blueprint, used to drive the implementation of security safeguards across Booking Holdings brands. In more detail, core responsibilities include:
- Gain an understanding of the current security architecture at each brand and the specific business goals that drive decisions in each entity
- Design the Security Architecture blueprint for Booking Holdings, with input from security teams of all brands. Ensure a thorough understanding of the Security Architecture Blueprint across security teams in each brand, enabling brands to autonomously implement security controls and processes, inline with the blueprint
- Own the governance of the Booking Holdings Security Architecture, ensuring ongoing reviews and modifications to take into account changes in threats, business goals and security trends
- Drive the decision making process for Booking Holdings purchased security solutions; ensure the requirement gathering, vendor assessments and data gathering processes run with high standards, leading to data backed decisions that are widely accepted among the Booking Holdings security leaders
- Effectively collaborate with the security teams at each brand, to co-generate a Security Architecture that fits all brands; collaborate, guide and support security teams at the brands to implement the designed architecture
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 year’s of experience
- Architectural Vision: Ability to apply an organization’s goals and objectives to develop and maintain architecture.
- Architectural Guidance: Ability to guide and advise security engineers across brands on the implementation of security controls.
- Architecture Standards: Ability to apply the methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization’s enterprise information technology (IT) architecture.
- Security Knowledge: Solid understanding of network access, identity, access management, applied cryptography, network security methodologies, secure software development methodologies
- Critical Thinking: Ability to find solutions to difficult or complex issues by applying different skills and techniques like analytical thinking, lateral thinking, and logical reasoning
- Agile mindset, Continuous Quality and Process Improvement
- Effective Communication:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook.
- Ability to ask relevant questions to properly engage with the speaker and really understand what they are saying, by applying listening and reflection techniques.
- Ability to coach, guide and improve the overall performance of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels, when appropriate, by sharing experience, knowledge and approaches to work
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings brands, we help our customers reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
All compensation inquiries are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only Connecticut based applicants will be responded to. Please confirm your name, Connecticut home address, the specific job you have applied to, and the date you made that application to allow us to respond to your inquiry. Due to inquiry volume, please expect up to 5 business days to receive our response. Note no adverse employment/hiring decisions will be made for exercising your rights as a resident of Connecticut.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email email@example.com with your request. M/F/V/D/S
#Westbury #Melville #Commack #Hauppauge #Boston #Albany #Philadelphia #NewBrunswick #Newark #Hartford #NYC #WhitePlains #Providence #Trenton
- Address Albany, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10