The Secruity Solutions Architect/Engineer performs various functions, including being responsible for the overall implementation of security architecture within NYL. In addition, they will also help to improve and develop new designs and security strategies across all types of on premise and cloud-based applications (including infrastructure, platform, and Software-as-a-Service.)
In Addition, the Security Solutions Architect/Engineer will investigate and analyze existing NYL structures and create new and enhanced security methods that will enhance the security of NYL IT environments and design and deploy security technologies and processes to provide continuous improvement of the security capabilities of NYL.
The Security Solutions Architect/Engineer is responsible for keeping the infrastructure current, making recommendations, and participating in the implementation and continuous improvement of technologies and services in assigned information security domains.
The qualifications, core tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the Security Solutions Architect/Engineer are listed in the job description below:
Advanced security qualifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISSP-ISSAP, or Security Architecture (SABSA) highly desired.
At least 4-8 years of experience in providing security technology solutions as a Security Solutions Architect, Security Architect, or Security Engineer that includes:
- Planning of the delivery of security solutions. Answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes, and mentoring team members.
- Determining security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, studying architecture and platforms and identifying integration issues.
- Planning of security systems by evaluating network and security technologies, developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Designing public/private key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software adhering to industry standards.
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Developing project timelines for ongoing security projects and system upgrades
- Security reviews to ensure all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role
- An understanding of IT disaster recovery procedures and conducting breach of security drills.
- Integrating systems with security operations, responding to security incidents, and providing thorough post-event analyses
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is highly desirable but not required
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 85370
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10