About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Security Software Sales Leader is responsible for selling IBM’s security solutions to clients in the east region. This individual will focus on the complete IBM Security software portfolio. In addition, this individual will also focus on competitive take-outs, expansion scenarios with existing IBM Security clients, and pipeline generating efforts to meet sales objectives within the assigned territory. This professional leads multi-functional teams covering large, complex opportunities and negotiate with the highest levels of customer management. The Security Portfolio Sales Leader anticipates potential problems, is generally guided by business directives, and has latitude to define priorities and resources for sales opportunities. Maintains expert skills in engaging and closing sales opportunities, including in-depth financial acquisition skills. Demonstrates required proficiency levels for technical and sales skills, as defined for this position.
The Security Software Sales Leader maintains expert knowledge of the management and/or sales processes, techniques, and tools associated with the specialty offerings and guides others in their use. Examples of these techniques and tools include, but are not limited to, opportunity / territory management, cost justification, acquisition management, and channel management processes. Demonstrates expert knowledge of competition, its strategies and its products / services. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and creates customer preference for IBM offerings on that differentiation.
The successful candidate will work closely with IBM Security Services teams, IBM Client teams, Deal-Makers, Business Partners, and other IBMers to lead in the identification and progression of opportunities that are tailored to a client’s business needs in a way that is valued by the client and superior to the competition. The Security Software Sales Leader will collaborate with the client teams, other security sellers, other brand sellers, business partners, technical sales, services, marketing, and offering management teams on territory / pipeline management, opportunity identification, analyzing clients’ IT security requirements, position the appropriate IBM technology, lead PoC’s, demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, quotes / pricing, and other proposal development activities.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them solve strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security controls, policies and related technologies, and how IBM solutions can meet these requirements
- Be able to recognize compelling reasons for clients and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to communicate how to persuasively articulate how comprehensive IBM security solution(s) can best meet these requirements
- Be the lead seller to identify and progress opportunities in your defined territory
- Build and maintain an opportunity pipeline to meet and exceed monthly / quarterly quota targets for your territory
- Effectively engage IBM’s resources to progress and close business and deliver a successful customer experience
- Be conversant in our solutions and articulate the differentiated value of IBM Security solutions compared to competitors in the market
- Deliver high-level feature / benefit executive presentations
- Drive the proposal production process
- Participate in marketing and event planning activities within the market and your specific territory
- Effectively communicate with the internal security specialty leaders and provide feedback from the field in support of business opportunity
- Work with the technical team to deliver effective POC’s, POT’s, and support critical customer situations
- Manage your business using IBM’s CRM platform
- Preferred Location: East Coast
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years sales experience with a background in security intelligence and data privacy solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage a territory as a franchise and orchestrate a diversified set of resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage and negotiate complex sales opportunities
- Consistent track record of successful selling
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to effectively present and articulate the benefits of the solution as compared to the competition and relative to customer requirements
- Process oriented and able to use an industry-recognized sales methodology for opportunity engagements
- Understand common security needs, challenges, and terminology and be able to articulate how technology can address/impact these at an executive level
- Ability to travel 25-50% annually
- Work collaboratively in a team selling environment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors