About the job
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our Public Sector customers it is critical to have knowledge of the specific nuances distinguishing this community and their business, risk, compliance and other unique requirements.
The main focus of this role is Opportunity Identification and Opportunity Ownership. The candidate must have the ability to develop security pursuit strategies in key accounts and support new business opportunities which include defining sales opportunities, determining engagement scope & cost projections, formulating potential security solutions based on client requirements, and functioning as the Security Sales Subject Matter Expert (SME) across the assigned territory. Candidate should demonstrate the use of consultative sales techniques to develop and broaden sales opportunities throughout the territory. Given the dynamic nature of the security market, it is critical that candidates are self-motivated and highly organized to be successful.
- Manage the IBM Security Services portfolio business development and sales activity in named Accounts (“Cluster”) and FSS accounts in the geography
- Manage Security Services Signings, Revenue and Profit objective attainment for an assigned territory
- Executive and Client presentation development
- Interlock with Security Services Technical and Delivery teams to drive Qualified Opportunities’ to Close
- Interlock with Security Brand and Go to Market Teams in the Financial Services Sector on Account planning and Business Development
- Tracking and completion of post-signature IBM Contract registration processes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience in security services (technical or business)
- At least 2 year experience in consultative sales techniques
- Strong communication skills: Senior executive level presence and presentation skills in both written and verbal communications
- Demonstrable ability to build IBM relationships, become a trusted advisor and influence for positive outcomes
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into client solutions & actions.
- Candidate must be self-starter, well organized and strong team player.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in services sales, with 3 years in security
- At least 5 years of experience in consultative sales techniques
- At least 5 years of experience in demonstrated success closing large deals
- Familiarity with the IBM Security Division products, services and Executive Management Team [i] Previous experience in a Cyber Security product or services sales, technical sales or account management.
- Candidate must be able to display leadership and territory management skills in the Financial Services Market.
- Understanding of IBM Services leadership and organizational growth strategies to be able to comment on and participate in enhancements to organizational effectiveness.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors