Information Technology and Security Analysts provide security support for ConocoPhillips operations including areas such as Cybersecurity, Awareness Training and Support, as well as Governance Risk Compliance and Architecture.
Assignments will typically be at one of our sites located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma or Houston, Texas. There may also be limited opportunities available in Anchorage, Alaska.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Rotates through Cybersecurity, Awareness Training and Support, as well as Governance Risk Compliance and Architecture
- Develops the necessary skills to become a professional security analyst or engineer using the latest technology
- Assists in vital risk-reduction activities like vendor security assessments, access recertifications, and security awareness and culture initiatives
- Learns about security compliance standard methodologies by assisting in control operating efficiency testing and audit preparation
- Researches emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents, and supports the generation of new architecture, policies, standards, and mentorship to address them
- Performs system and application vulnerability testing
- Performs user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization
- Performs system security administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, applications and network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry standard methodologies and vendor guidelines
- Supports security tools and advocates for safe security practices by implementing security awareness campaigns
- Implements or coordinates remediation required by audits, and document exceptions as necessary
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 17 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance or related field or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Senior or Graduate Student
- Expected graduation date: Spring/Summer 2022
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Information security certification:
- General — CISSP, CISA, CEH, etc.
- Vendor/platform/tool specific
- Background in networking, infrastructure, general cloud exposure, and experience with security concepts
- Ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Self-motivated and possessing of a high sense of urgency and personal integrity
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Spring of 2022. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 1, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Job ID : 00USZ
- Address Bartlesville, OK, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5