Security Operations Manager Support Lead at Scott AFB
Job Category: Security
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
CACI is looking for a Security Operations Manager Support Lead to support our customer, U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM), at Scott AFB Illinois. This position is contingent upon award of the USTRANSCOM Command, Control, Communication & Cyber Systems Managed Information Technology Services (MITS), Enterprise support Managed services.
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Security Operations Manager Support Lead. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, USTRANSCOM Directorate TCJ6 located at Scott AFB IL.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Security Operations Manager Support Leader that will provide senior level technical expertise and support the Unified Combatant Command (UCC) cybersecurity program and its functions in accordance with current architectures which includes all hardware and software tools and sensors from perimeter to endpoint. The Security Operations Manager Support Lead shall support system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, operating system, and other platform specifications to meet requirements while maintaining interoperability with existing sponsor network(s). The Security Operations Manager Support Lead will be the contractor lead to the Government for Security Operations Management.
Operate tools and systems that are required to support the Command’s cybersecurity program. Evaluate and implement all applicable DoD orders and directives to include but not limited to IAVM Program, TASKORDs, GENADMINs, OPORDs, EXORDs, INFORCON changes, CAMs, and Command-approved Risk Management Plan. Develop Command cybersecurity policies for Government approval. Review existing cybersecurity policies and develop recommendations, as required. Submit POA&Ms as required.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
Additionally, the Security Operations Manager Support Lead will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
The Security Operations Manager Support Lead shall be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the operations that involve engineering development, architecture, integration and interface design analysis, installation, integration, fielding and field analysis, O&M, and testing of hardware and software. The Security Operations Manager Support Lead shall ensure that technical planning, leading, organizing, and motivating of teams of contractors and subcontractors is being achieved to a high level of performance, technical, and engineering quality. The Security Operations Manager Support Lead shall be responsible for researching, cost-justifying, recommending, and establishing current and future hardware and software architectures for all aspects of information technology (IT), from networks to operating systems and shared software services.
Additionally, the Security Operations Manager Support Lead will test and evaluate software security patches and security related configuration changes for compatibility with the current baseline and resolve any conflicts prior to deployment. Monitor implemented security controls and report status. Perform and document Risk Assessments across the organization, including on new and existing technology. Develop UCC cyber security policies. Review existing cyber security policies and provide recommendations as required. Track and report status on all applicable orders, directives, and Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M). Perform periodic and on-demand scans for vulnerabilities and unauthorized software on all UCC assets using provided tools and provide results for review. Maintain scanning results and develop vulnerability trend results. Compile information and support required cyber evaluations, inspections, assessments, and reporting tasks. Track the implementation status of recommended/required actions derived from exercises and inspections as required. Report potential cyber security incidents and events. Perform incident response actions including, but not limited to, system isolation, data gathering, evidence handling, and reporting. Develop recommendations for counter measures or process improvement based on lessons learned from security incidents. Develop plans and response strategies to cyber security incidents and implement the appropriate activities to limit impact and restore any capabilities or services impact by a cybersecurity incident. Audit logs and provide reports as required. Research the latest technological advances and recommend enhancements to improve existing security systems. Manages a team with a focus on policy, implementation of strategic initiatives and execution of day to day deliverables. Establishes or works to achieve, team objectives, operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function or completion of a project.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Currently hold an adjudicated Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligible and be able to maintain.
- Professional certification that meets or exceeds DoD 8570.01. IAM III (CISSP or equivalent)
- BA/BS + 10 years recent specialized with at least four (4) of those involving application of DoD policy, direction, and guidance to customer environments
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016 and Windows 10, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience/working knowledge of NIST and DoD security policies, directives, and guidelines.
- Experience/working knowledge with Host Based Security System (HBSS) operations and monitoring.
- Experience/working knowledge with Network/system architecture design and implementation.
- Experience/working knowledge with Network architecture and design (e.g., security stack and integration with office automation products and services to include production, test, development, and demilitarized zone (DMZ) enclaves).
- Experience/working knowledge of Auditing (e.g., system accounts, security logs, system, and network anomalies)
- Experience/working knowledge with Security Metrics – capture & documentation.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in network access control, intrusion prevention and detection systems, firewalls, routers, incident response, information security methods, and risk management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Current Microsoft server and workstation operating system (OS) security configurations.
- Current Red Hat Linux Enterprise OS security configurations.
- Current Unix OS security configurations.
- Current Microsoft server security.
- VMware functionality and security.
- Database functionality and security (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL).
- Border device security (e.g., firewall, VLANs, IP Subnetting, Ports and protocols)
- Encryption standards.
- Technical writing – technical documents and user training materials.
- Minimum of six years supporting a global IT architecture within the DoD.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing COOP and Alternate Operating Locations (AOL).
- Minimum of six years of experience working with Federal, DoD, and agency regulations, standards, guidelines, and framework applicable to communication activities and DoD acquisition.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading teams of network, system, and architecture engineers.
- ITIL v3 – Foundation.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
Job ID : 247581
- Address Scott Air Force Base, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20