About the job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your summer with us having an impact on how millions of users collaborate with our software. The most amazing thinkers like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers are coming to us for solutions. We’re in the business of developing software to help teams everywhere get amazing ideas off the ground and into the world. Here you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and try new things. You’ll be guided (as we are) by our core values, and will be supported by some of the best minds in tech. We want you to have everything you need to do amazing work from the get-go. As an intern in our Security team, you’ll watch over our Atlassian services which host tens of thousands of customers. You’ll report to a Security Engineering Manager, and learn from your team mentor who are some of the best Security Engineers in the business. Apply for our Security Intern program to start an exciting career! Not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time. More about you:
Compensation At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are: Zone A: $56/hr – $64/hr Zone B: $51/hr – $58/hr Zone C: $47/hr – $54/hr Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
What You’ll Do:
- Are you energized by solving security challenges? We’re looking for folks to help us in four important areas:
- Build and run new monitoring and analytics systems to detect compromises.
- Write automation to find and exploit vulnerabilities in our products and marketplace apps.
- Research and suggest product features to harden our software against common vulnerabilities.
- Architect and secure hardware, networks and corporate infrastructure.
- Demonstrated interest in the security field through academic coursework, previous work or internship experience, or personal projects
- Comfortable writing code to accomplish goals and does not depend solely on third-party products
- Have an interest in software engineering demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications
- Knowledge of data structures, in particular how they are implemented and how to apply them to meet security challenges
- Familiarity with the application of common design patterns
- Able to commit to a 12 week full-time (40hrs/week) program during Summer 2024
- Currently enrolled full-time in a 4-year bachelor degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship, graduating by June 2025
Our Perks & Benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh .
- Salary Offer $47/hr - $64/hr
- Address USA (Remote)
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5