About the job
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security solutions is looking for a Technical Sales Specialist to focus on the North America team.
As an IBM Security Technical Sales Specialist, you assume technical leadership and responsibility for designing and selling security solutions that allow our clients to detect and respond to modern threats using tools such as log managers, SIEMs, asset tracking, vulnerability management, network monitoring, threat data/threat modeling systems and cognitive systems.
This is a customer facing role and the candidate must be comfortable and confident working with IT and Line of Business Executives and be able to work effectively in a collaborative role with IBM sales teams and business partners.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security policy and standards, and how IBM solutions will meet the requirements.
- Experience in technical solution design / architecture for security solutions, including product sizing, and technical and quality assurance processes.
- Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Security solutions compared to competitors in the market.
- 3+ years experience in presenting the value proposition of the proposed IBM Security solutions to C-level.
- 3+ years experience as an individual contributor and team leader successfully executing PoTs / PoCs and extensive demonstrations in complex and competitive sales situations.
- Experience working cohesively with channel partners to develop customer relationships, transfer technical skills and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in a technical role with a system operations or security software company
- At least 3 years experience in implementing enterprise software products
- Experience and knowledge of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Experience and knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with security skills and operations
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors