About the job
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking to expand our Security Intelligence & Operations Consulting (SIOC) capabilities in our North America Security Services practice which focuses on helping our clients build their security intelligence and operations centers from setting a strategy/roadmap, or optimizing an existing Security Operations Center (SOC) using our proven methodology in an effort to identify and respond to Information Security Attacks. This position is for is for an experienced security professional with demonstrated consulting experience who can deliver strategic security advisory, consulting, and system integration services.
Our goal in our SIOC practice for our consultants is to become a trusted advisor to our clients, that can speak to all levels of client management from security analysts to director / c-level executives, in the areas of security intelligence and operations including advance persistent threats (APTs) relevant to our clients industry, advanced security controls, incident response process and procedures, Security Operations, metrics and analytics, with technical knowledge of various security technologies (e.g. security information and event management (SIEM), incident response tools, etc.)
In this role, you will partner with IBM consultants from other IBM practices to deliver the best possible solution to our clients. You will be responsible for leading workshops to assess a clients security capabilities, or lead discussions in a pre-sales, sales capacity, or respond to Request for Information/Proposal (RFI/P) as well as leading, managing and delivering our SIOC services to our clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in information security consulting (professional services consulting for clients).
- 2+ years of experience in interfacing at multiple levels of client management and building relationships.
- 3+ years of experience in supervising/managing and leading teams to success.
- 2+ years of experience in managing complex projects and using project management skills.
- Working knowledge of security industry regulations/standards and compliance frameworks (e.g., NIST CSF, ISO 27002, COBIT, PCI DSS, ITIL, FedRAMP and CJIS requirements, etc.).
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams.
- Experience in consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm with knowledge of SIEM technologies, ticketing and workflow orchestration, Threat-Intelligence Platforms, active defense, Use Case / rules construction, etc.).
- Experience working in projects in one of the core SIOC domains: SIEM engineering an administration, SOC governance, SOC process design, operations management, incident investigation, and incident response process and procedures.
- Deep understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems with comfort in CLI and logging requirements.
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture (one or more of: Azure, AWS, GCP, IBM).
- Firm understanding of Linux, Windows Server, networking devices, firewalls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience with one or more of the following; Python, Splunk, Azure Sentinel, other SIEM experience.
- Experience with OT Security.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors