About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work Location (State and City): Austin, Dallas, Houston, TX or Foster City, CA PREFERRED
BM Cloud offers the most open and secure public cloud for business with a next-generation Hybrid Cloud platform, advanced data and AI capabilities, and deep enterprise expertise across multiple industries. Our Cloud Platform team is expanding, and we are hyper focused our services maintain a high level of audit readiness and compliance. These services include Security Services offerings, Business Support Systems, and Identity and Access Management capabilities running on IBM’s industry leading containers platform.
We are looking for an additional Security Focal to join our team, who can take on varied roles in assisting with security issues across a large enterprise with multiple offerings. The right candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, think like both an attacker and defender, and help our development squads take the right actions in the right time frames to mitigate security exposure risks. In addition, the candidate has passion for working with engineering teams daily on security related issues, has a willingness to learn, and recognizes and fills gaps related to defined security controls that must be implemented as part of our defined business processes.
The candidate should also have a general background in information technology and be willing to gain experience on the job while working across the organization hand in hand with peer security focals. Our security focals are expected to assist in the gathering of security requirements and controls while communicating implementation progress of those controls on a regular basis to management and senior leadership. We value security related technical knowledge, specifically in any one of these fields is a plus: Cryptography, Network, Infrastructure, Software Security, CICD Pipelines, Virtualization, Cloud-Native Technologies and Cloud Infrastructure, Application Security, Malware Analysis, Forensics, Security Operations, and Incident Response. Are you ready to lead in this new era of Cloud technology and help remediate some of our most challenging security problems to help keep our Cloud platform secure? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
- Oversee enterprise-class security controls for production environments for audits both internal and external to IBM.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats, including security patch management.
- Help create solutions that balance business requirements with company information and IBM security requirements.
- Gather technical artifacts from a variety of sources and tooling to present as evidence for audits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS degree in related technical field
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies with the ability to describe security concerns and what the impact might be for an organization
- Experience in developing scripts as part of the artifact collection and management processes
- Kubernetes/Containers experience
- Good communication and critical thinking skills
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience working in security areas dealing with secure engineering, security controls, vulnerabilities, and audits, etc.
- External audit standards and process knowledge (ISO 27K, PCI-DSS, SOC 2, FedRAMP)
- Experience using GitHub
- Experience using ServiceNow
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors