Security Engineering Manager
We have an exciting Systems Engineering Manager role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! We are searching for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a real passion for delivering elite technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. This is an ideal position for someone who has validated leadership skills and related industry and technical expertise to advance their career in a highly regarded leadership role. We need an ambitious, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that improve Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, control points of Cloud Security, Zero Trust and XDR and articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen.
In this role as SEM, you will provide mentorship and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position you will work with technology experts to help them position Cisco’s security solutions effectively against competitive offerings.
Check out the Details:
- Lead a highly talented Security Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) team
- Plan technical direction, identify expertise to manage the team as needed and facilitate key partnerships between cross-functional teams, partner and customer organizations
- Position the Security solutions portfolio to the field sales teams, partners and customers
- Recruit and retain the best people, as well as mentor and develop staff, provide performance management, development planning, salary planning, technical training and mentor TSAs
- Work closely with Regional Sales Manager business partner to drive operational excellence with their Security team
- Anticipate changes in industry trends and demonstrate both technical and business excellence in order to meet revenue goals
- Apply your sales and technical leadership experience, work with the industry’s most dedicated engineers along with the most innovative solutions
- Serve as the subject matter authority in Cisco Security Solutions
- 8+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience within networking technology industry, with at least 4 years in Security specialization experience with the security stack of IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
- 6+ years of experience leading people, operations, program management and strategy development
- Bring sophisticated understanding of Cyber Security trends in the regional space including new products and solutions
- Show a consistent track record of high performance and strong leadership skills
- Strong executive presence and shown ability to present strategic information to a wide range of audiences
- Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills, have proven ability to influence and lead outside of organization and across roles and functions
- Work independently and participates primarily with senior management and executives
- Excel in a multifaceted changing environment
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
Why Cisco Security
Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry’s most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is coordinated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco’s threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum — before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) – GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
- Address Austin, Texas, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20