At Amazon, we are obsessed with customer trust. Information Security enables Amazon business leaders to securely develop and operate to maintain Customer Trust; by guarding the confidentiality and integrity of Amazon and customer data. We assess risk, classify data and systems, detect potential intrusion, and render useless the value of data that may be leaked.
Our teams span over 10 countries worldwide, and our focus areas include: security intelligence, application security, incident response, security operations, risk and compliance, acquisitions and subsidiaries, and external partner security. Our mission includes instilling awareness to safeguard all customer and employee data, applications, services, and assets. To accomplish this, we unite with Amazon organizations to build security best practices into enterprise-wide systems. Our guidance and leadership equip our partners to maintain high security standards. This team dives deep into security technologies and continuously raises the security bar across Amazon’s Consumer, Digital and Other (CDO) by tackling complex engineering problems that require widespread support and multi-year execution plans.
Amazon.com is looking for a Security Engineer to work with a team of engineers focusing on new strategic information security projects. As a Security Engineer at Amazon, you will help establish technical standards and drive Amazon’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices. This team works on Amazon’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. We think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable, and secure systems that fit well together. Amazon Security Engineers translate business needs into workable technology solutions. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
Amazon’s CDO organization includes a variety of large and growing businesses. It is inclusive of the Consumer Website, the fulfillment centers, TV and Movie Studios, Prime Video, Devices (Alexa, Kindle, FireTV), IMDB, Zappos, Whole Foods, and many other businesses. We dive deep into security technologies such as new identity and authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale audit analysis. The objective of this program is to define the innovative preventative, detective, and monitoring mechanisms to enable security at scale. This team helps discover, define, and solve challenging problems across multiple teams and locations.
The successful candidate is one who loves working directly with software developers to understand their needs, and design security systems and solutions that enable developers to operate more effectively, securely and safely. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with service teams, partner security teams, and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve our security posture.
We are looking for fast learning, highly-motivated, collaborative, creative and analytical security engineers. In this position you will work closely with other engineering disciplines to plan, design and implement solutions. In addition to technical skills, you should have a passion for learning, and innovation. Security engineers are expected to help develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices.
This position may be located in Austin TX, Arlington VA or Seattle WA. Relocation available.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Risk Management, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline, or additional equivalent technology experience
· 3+ years of experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
· 2+ years of experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
· 2+ years of scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages
· 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: identity and access management, cryptography, web and network protocols, data structures and algorithms, software development, threat modelling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments
· Hands-on technical expertise in Cybersecurity and at least one relevant technical area: large scale systems engineering, queuing and messaging, Linux networking, performance analysis, software-defined networking, etc.
· Have experience with complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
· Have experience with compliance frameworks such as NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, or other comparable frameworks
· Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
· Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
· Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
· Good communication and cross group collaboration skills
· Have experience in the development of security products
· Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
· Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Experience defining cyber-secure architectures, design and development of asynchronous messaging platforms
· Knowledge of networking protocols and their implementations
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
· Good understanding of system performance trade-offs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Security.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors