Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS – EM
Salary: $90,000 – $110,000 annually
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at providing technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Experienced Security Engineers—a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
The Security Engineer is responsible ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of BI Inc. computer systems including servers, workstations, network connections, storage, applications, and data. Specific focus areas include supporting the creation and management of security services and required documentation for security-related technical initiatives, continuous monitoring, incident response, and adherence to applicable laws, regulations and contract obligations. This position also assists in developing policies and procedures and ensures they are followed with strong focus on cross-departmental collaboration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploys and manages security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Troubleshoots problems with security infrastructure and services.
- Designs, implements, and reports on security system and end user activity audits.
- Performs penetration, vulnerability and configuration testing of all systems in order to identify system weaknesses using internal tools or in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Provides continuous monitoring of firewalls, endpoints, intrusion detection, network traffic and other systems for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Assesses security ramifications of network and system changes, minor or significant.
- Provides Tier 3 support for any virus or malware issues on corporate infrastructure.
- Assists in the creation, implementation and enforcement of security policies and procedures.
- Incorporates industry standard best practices following the NIST cybersecurity framework.
- Audits end user accounts, permissions, and access rights for all corporate systems.
- Contributes security aspects to DevSecOps integration including assessment and approval of code and hardening activities to BI systems, and performs security audits of new applications and systems prior to production implementation.
- Assists in the evaluation, design and implementation of new security services in accordance with the BI security Strategy and roadmap.
- Tracks, assesses, and monitors security controls, and provides regular reports for FedRAMP ATO and SOX compliance.
- Monitors threat landscape for potential security impacts to BI
- Keeps current with emerging security best practices.
- Represents security in change control management process.
- Develops, implements, tracks, and champions security awareness across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 32943/34171/191200
- Salary Offer $90,000/yr - $110,000/yr
- Address Longmont, CO, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5