What does a great Security Engineer II do?
The position requirements relate directly to our ability to create & maintain / update operational documentation (runbooks, playbooks, RFIs) that are relied on for support & reporting of key production Security platforms. -In conjunction the role provides for coordination of technical activities with Cyber / FTS teams to ensure procedures are adhered to and/or are adapted accordingly. This Ops position is (also) required to provide direct technical engagement for managing production instances of our Security tech kits across multiple platforms, globally.
As a Security Engineer II you will:
- Operate autonomously under most circumstances when called upon
- Be comfortable driving work efforts outside business-hours when necessary, as part of on-call rotation schedule
- Act as a front-line and escalation interface to users, reviewing trouble tickets and dispatching them to appropriate technical resources
- Seek to develop strong partnerships within and outside the team to ensure progress is made regardless of the challenges involved
- Be Self-motivated to identify requirements for projects and process improvements.
- Engage on projects and initiatives on any technical level
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Four years college or equivalent post-high school education or experience
- Two years or more production SA experience with Windows and Linux platforms
- Two years or more experience supporting system applications
- Minimum Two years’ experience with managing various Security tools / resources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally; good comm skills
- Expert with an operating system and its commands/utilities at a user level; can edit files, issue commands, differentiate file types, find directories, navigate through the file system, etc..
- Must possess expert troubleshooting skills and be able to provide timely issue resolution in a complex Production / Application environment.
- Advanced skill level and understanding of common system commands of Windows and multiple Unix variants; for example, understands job scheduling, managing installer packages, understands soft and hard links, shortcuts, distinctions between the kernel, Application, and the user environment, reviewing data related to I/O, memory, and CPU usage analysis in Windows & Linux
- Fundamental to moderate understanding of common system software such as SSH, RDP, WINSCP
- Moderate to advanced understanding of Application UIs, redundancy, active-active, failover, High Availability (HA) solutions
- Well versed with deployment platforms as well as multiple scripting languages
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field.
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts; for example, can use the route command or administer routing and remote access service, add a workstation to a network, and mount remote filesystems, install drivers, agents, and applications
- Knowledge of Application requirements and resource allocation
- Use of SAN and NAS (storage solution)
- Knowledge of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) configuration and usage.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell).
- Programming experience in any applicable language.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This role is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
- Salary Offer $95,092 - $111,552
- Address Marietta, GA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10