What does a great Security Engineer I do?
The Security Engineer will create and maintain / update operational documentation (runbooks, playbooks, RFIs) that are relied on for support & reporting of key production Security platforms.
In conjunction the role provides for coordination of activities with Cyber / FTS teams to ensure procedures are adhered to and/or are adapted accordingly. This Ops position is (also) required to provide direct technical engagement for managing production instances of our Security tech kits across multiple platforms, globally.
As a Security Engineer I you will:
- Perform routine tasks under the direct supervision of a more experienced engineer
- Be able to operate autonomously under specific circumstances when called upon
- Be comfortable working outside business-hours when necessary, as part of on-call rotation schedule
- Act as a front-line interface to users, accepting / reviewing trouble tickets and dispatching them to appropriate technical resources
- Seek to support partnerships within and outside the team to ensure progress is made regardless of the challenges involved
- Be self-motivated to engage on projects and initiatives regardless of familiarity
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 2 years of college or equivalent post-high school education or experience
- 1-2 years of experience w/ Windows and/or Unix System Admin
- 1-2 years of experience w/ using various Security tools / resources
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- A degree or certificate in computer science or a related field
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, system administration or another related area
- Familiar with concepts of Windows or Linux vulnerability review, identification, and remediation
- Motivated to advance in the profession and seeks expansion of responsibilities over time
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This role is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
- Salary Offer $95,092 - $111,552
- Address Marietta, GA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5