Job Description Summary
As a Security Engineer – Embedded Systems, you will have the opportunity to architect, implement, test, and develop OT cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems. You will lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE’s businesses such as Aviation, Power, Renewables, and Healthcare as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Energy. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Are you ready to join our team of technology enthusiasts to help make GE’s industrial assets safer and more secure to protect our nation’s most critical infrastructure?
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with GE businesses to develop and transition security technologies for embedded systems from early stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool providers to identify the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
- Collaborate with universities, industrial consortiums, commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in OT cybersecurity for embedded systems.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open source communities.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience.
- Strong embedded programming skills (e.g., C/C++, Java, Phyton, etc.).
- Experience with Linux security and Linux driver or kernel development.
- Experience developing software for embedded systems and microcontrollers (e.g., x86 and/or ARM processors, etc.).
- Experience with incorporating hardware-based security techniques (e.g. Hardware Security Modules, TPM, ARM TrustZone, Secure Boot, Software Update, etc.).
- Practical working knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, or standards (e.g. TLS, X.509).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters or Bachelors level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran, Cuba, and Sudan). Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either “U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Experience with FPGA programming (e.g., VHDL, Verilog, etc.).
- Experience with hypervisors, containers, and related technologies.
- Experience with embedded development in an RTOS environment (e.g., QNX, VxWorks, Green Hills, etc.).
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Niskayuna, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors