If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Our customers are public safety agencies, governments and military organizations who use our mission critical communications systems. The Security Update Service team, part of the Motorola Solutions cybersecurity services organization, protects mission critical systems by ensuring security updates are verified, tested, and installed.
As a remote security update service technician you will be responsible for applying monthly and quarterly operating system security patch updates to mission critical systems and ensuring they are protected from cyber threats.
- Apply and verify security patches and updates for Windows and Linux operating systems, VMware, and other technologies
- Triage and troubleshoot issues that result from updates
- Work directly with customers to provide reporting and status of updates
- Coordinate patch and update schedules with Motorola field teams and provide technical support
- Coordinate with Motorola and customers for scheduled maintenance Windows for updates
- Perform preventative maintenance checks to ensure proper system operation
- Create and maintain procedures and system documentation
- Hands on experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with with VMware
- Knowledge of tools such as SCCM/MECM or similar
- Previous experience as network or system administrator or similar role
- Experience performing troubleshooting, break fix, or technical support on Windows or Linux operating systems
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
- Address Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors