Job Number: R50018254
Brand: Fox Corporation
Job Type: Engineering, Technology
Location Type: Hybrid
Location: New York, New York
Job Posting Date: April 5, 2022
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including FOX News, Fox Business, FOX Sports (FS1 & FS2), the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise, and strategic thinking. Fox is one of the nation’s largest broadcast groups and premier sports brands, and Fox Corporation is heavily focused on producing high-quality live events and high volume direct-to-consumer digital distribution. The Fox Corporation Information Security team drives security initiatives across all of Fox’s US-based businesses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Fox Information Security team is searching for a Security Engineer to be part of the evolution of our enterprise cyber security operations. This role will be focused on the deployment of next-generation security technologies and services across Fox. A core focus for this Security Engineering role will be on driving the automation and codification of resources to modernize security infrastructure. We are interested in someone who is willing to challenge the status quo. How can we apply threat modeling to daily security operations? How can we automate security remediation? What open source technology is available that can be applied as part of our toolset? How can we drive a “zero-trust” methodology throughout the business?
- Curious security professional passionate about cyber security
- You have experience managing advanced security solutions
- You would rather automate than do tasks by hand; you realize that automation is the most important component of delivering consistency, safety, and efficiency
- You can deal with change; you’re able to change direction as production priorities shift
- You can dig into the details, are able to context switch, and stay focused on the most relevant issues of the moment
- You have stood up platforms; you’ve tweaked deployments and rebuilt deployments from scratch, and know when it’s appropriate to take either path
- You know what you know, and want to learn what you don’t; you’re a continuous learner and eager to take on new challenges, become an expert, and empower others with your own knowledge and experiences
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and deploy security tooling and automation to deliver security infrastructure
- Work with peers to manage and improve existing security infrastructure, processes, and operations
- Drive “zero-trust” and other initiatives across the company while working with stakeholders to ensure smooth and successful integration
- Contribute to designing and deploying security architectures that support a cloud-forward and IaaS/PaaS approach
- Codify systems, retrofit existing security tooling to be deployed through automation, or use automation to orchestrate their actions
- Determine the efficacy of existing tools and systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further widening the deployment of these systems
- Educate and train others to become power users of the new automation, tooling platforms, and pipelines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in a Security Engineering or Operations role with a focus on automation and tooling
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and Windows-based systems
- Experience with telemetry systems and event correlation (e.g., Splunk, Prometheus)
- Hands-on experience with automation tooling, preferably Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Knowledge of security tooling and resources (Endpoint, Application, Scanning, Detection, Telemetry, Forensics, Operations)
- Knowledge of system administration and security hardening
- Knowledge of some development tools (e.g. git, IDEs, YAML) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Perl)
- Ability to lead through influence and work in a team environment
- Able to work in high-pressure environments, supporting critical on-air broadcast systems
- Self-directing and focused on delivering results
- Have a passion for live broadcast, sports, and high-profile events
Learn more about Fox Tech at https://tech.fox.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5