Who We Are
We’re pioneers who every day deliver new choices that shape the foodscape. We discover what’s next. Bold ideas and new possibilities that drive the industry. Better food. Better future. Our teams are a highly innovative group of talented professionals; laser-focused on making a difference and having fun while we do it.
At UNFI, our Cyber security team is focused on maturing the cyber program to keep pace with the growth of the company and current the current threat landscape. Support from leadership is enabling us to expand our cyber teams to meet increasing cyber threats.
We are looking for individuals that want to develop, grow, collaborate, and communicate with dedicated associates who are passionate about Cyber security and doing the right thing.
You should be a self-starter, problem solver who learns quickly in a collaborative environment. You should have integrity and the ability to understand the broad discipline of cyber security and how your role contributes.
The Security Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of enterprise security solutions that align with the security architecture roadmap and meet business requirements. Security Engineer will develop and implement solutions that protect the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of UNFI systems and data. These solutions include, but are not limited to cyber security operations center technologies and processes, threat intelligence solutions, vulnerability management technologies, and overall security solutions such as web content filtering, forensic solutions, end point security, etc.
The Security Engineer will additional review, recommend, and implement improvements to security ecosystem to evolve the Information Security program. The Security Engineer will provide consultative services to the technology and business teams to ensure security is integrated into all aspects of the business. The role will additionally develop and maintain processes and procedures to run the day-to-day aspects of the Information Security team.
- Under close supervision, researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures.
- Leverages security applications, such as SIEM, IDS, encryption, and vulnerability management solutions for analysis and investigation.
- Validate and maintain incident response plan and processes to address potential threats; is a member of the security incident response team.
- Compile and analyze data for management reporting and metrics
- Perform data analysis across disparate or divergent datasets.
- Ensure information security issues are responded to during initial stage of project life cycle.
- Conducts root cause analysis and communicates outcomes in a clear and consistent manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science, or related discipline is required
- CISSP certified/qualified or ability to pursue obtaining these certifications within six months of hire
- SANS GCIH or GCFA, CISA, CISM, EnCER certification(s) are preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of information systems security concepts and technologies; network architecture; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; intrusion tools and open source alternatives
- Familiarity with security regulatory requirements and standards (such as NIST 800 series, ISO 2700x series, GLBA, FFIEC)
- Knowledge and experience with the Apple and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and experience with Encryption at rest and in transit: CIFS/SMB/Active Directory/NTLM/Kerberos/MSdomain services/windows firewall/LDAP
- Network Security: Firewall, IPS, Anti-Bot, Sniffers, Decoders, SIEM Solutions, Email gateways, Anti-SPAM solutions, Web Filtering, Proxy servers, Data Loss Prevention Systems, SSL offloading, balance loaders
- Knowledge and experience with Common Internet Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, FTP, SMTP, SSH, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, NTP
- Experience with Incident Response, Security Appliances, Web Application testing, and Vulnerability Management
- Ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach
- Exceptional information analysis abilities; ability to perform independent analysis and distill relevant findings and root cause
- Strong analytical writing skills to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively; experience creating and presenting documentation and management reports
- Team player with proven ability to work effectively with other business units, IT management and staff, vendors, and consultants
- Strong communication skills such as planning and leading effective meetings, conducting structured interviews to collect information, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and presenting to a variety of audiences
- Advanced skills to present information to stakeholders and/or decision makers in an effective and professional deliverable
- Some travel may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Eden Prairie
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job ID : 141371
- Address Providence, RI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5