About the job
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for the primary security functions of design, oversight, and ongoing management of the information security program including policies, procedures, technical systems and workforce security training and awareness in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data within the enterprise information systems.
General Duties And Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain the Quarterly Cyber Board Dashboard metrics.
- Perform legal discovery, internal investigations and cyber discovery and reporting.
- Assist with the remediation efforts from network vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Utilize various enterprise security tools to identify vulnerabilities and potential threats and implement protective measures in support of cybersecurity and compliance standards/policies.
- Conduct research to analyze security products and recommend use of new products and services to management.
- Manage and track performance of all security devices.
- Ensure proper protection or corrective measures are immediately taken when an incident or vulnerability is discovered within a system.
- Report all security-related incidents immediately to management.
- Initiate protective or corrective measures (with management approval) when a security incident is discovered.
- Complete and submit initial security incident reports in a timely manner following an event. Ensure after-action security incident reports are complete, accurate, and provided in a timely manner.
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored.
- Address system security requirements during all phases of the information system life cycle.
- Implement security safeguards and features for the information system and network.
- Create audit protocols and complete event log with an in-depth review.
- Conduct information system security inspections, tests and reviews.
- Apply special consideration to intrusion detection, finding and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities, and ensuring that remote access points are secure.
- Devise and recommend potential solutions to security system risks along with modification details.
- Manage existing security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform network, server and client security audits.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in cybersecurity.
- Proven analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Advanced technical and troubleshooting skills based upon extensive knowledge of various operating systems and hardware.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, and enterprise-level antivirus.
- Competency in conducting audits, logging and resolving potential issues.
- Familiarity with disaster recovery and business continuity plans and practices.
- Aptness for prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills an ability to work effectively in teams and with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Technical writing ability and the ability to explain highly technical concepts in a way executives and other non-technical staff can understand.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and business associates.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive scripting experience
- Hands-on hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- System administration, network administration or similar experience is a plus.
- Experience with Palo Alto and Fortinet preferred.
- Experience with MFA, Azure Saml, Duo and similar technologies.
- The following certifications are preferred:
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker.
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- OSDA – Offensive Security Defensive Analyst
Up to 10% travel required. Requires the ability to travel to locations where environment may vary significantly.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally position, transport and/or move up to 50 or more pounds (e.g., computer and peripherals).
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in confined or restrictive working spaces;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- Address Tulsa, OK, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5