About the job
In IBM Security, we continuously look for new and better ways to protect our families, institutions, and societies, reflecting our belief that today’s defenses will not suffice tomorrow. Together, we need to approach this challenge with more determination than the criminals themselves.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Security Delivery Project Executive (SDPE) will be responsible for managing large engagements for IBM Security Services. These projects may consist of multiple workstreams of Managed Security Services (MSS) and/or Consulting & Systems Integration (C&SI) projects. You will be responsible for delivery excellence, effective communication with the client and the IBM teams, proper financial performance and address any escalation/issues related to the delivery of the security services until resolution. You will also have an opportunity to work with world class clients and world class IBM security products and services. You must be passionate about security and be willing to become familiar with the suite of IBM Security products. Depending on client requirements, must be willing to travel up to 50%.
This role is responsible for overall functional program success in the account. This role focuses on meeting client needs by constructing partnerships between the client and various organizations – including IBM Security and/or client Project Offices, Security Services resources (consulting, systems integration, managed services, off-shore delivery and subcontractors) and IT / network service providers engaged by the client – and managing the implementation of these partnerships to drive positive customer satisfaction.
Your Role And Responsibilities
- Provide account leadership to the Security Services delivery teams – may span multiple projects – and direct teams to develop program / project strategies and implement resulting solutions to meet contract deliverables and Client expectations
- Implement project plans and get Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes (IMACs) approved through Change Management
- Manage IBM Security Services resources – inclusive of direct and/or dotted line employees as well as contractors / subcontractors – and coordinate with client resources to deliver in scope services and solutions on schedule
- Manage quality of Security Services provided by the delivery team(s), and track and report on service level performance by the operations teams
- Develop and administer Security processes and review their application to ensure that Security controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
- Serve as point of escalation with accountability for prompt identification, resolution and communication of delivery issues (i.e., contract gaps, resource or schedule issues) that may impact client satisfaction and/or Security Services revenue and profit
- Supervise and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Security capabilities being delivered through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between Support and Business functions
- Responsible for managing delivery critical situations (on-call 24/7 potentially until resolution), leading root cause analysis, building get to green plans, and continuous improvement plans
- Provide oversight for the identification, investigation and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches
- Oversee delivery operations in the account – including reviewing delivery of services to scope and defined schedule, actively participating in scope change discussions, managing to the financial targets, coordinating resources and contract changes, managing Client expectations and satisfaction, communicating effectively and consistently with Client and IBM stakeholders on program status and/or issues, bringing thought leadership or sharing best practices with the Client on topics of interest, etc.
- Work with the security work streams to design and build aggregated operational [SOC] performance metrics and monthly program status reports, present updates to the Client, adapting messages to the level of audience (i.e., operations management, C suite, etc.)
- Support the Security Project Executive (SPE) and/or Associate Partner in identifying growth opportunities and contract profitability
- Play a significant role in long-term Security strategy and planning including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $115,000 to $177,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in complex project / client management and/or delivery management
- At least 5 years’ experience in Information Technology (IT)
- At least 5 years’ experience in Cybersecurity and Operations
- Knowledge in contract management, financial management and compliance
- Experience in crisis management
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years’ experience driving large projects to successful completion from both delivery and financial perspectives.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors