About the job
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Federal Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Our results-driven MSS Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) Security Delivery Manager (SDM) will provide Subject Matter Expert (SME)-level security compliance oversight for our federal cloud environments.
- The SDM is required to drive effective use of team member skillsets/experience, provide SME-level direction for our security compliance teams, develop/implement comprehensive information security processes, perform security compliance project planning, and report on the health of the program utilizing high quality thought provoking presentations that support senior management decision making. This position has a customer service component to the role and thus will require the candidate to act as a charismatic interface for our team.
- You will facilitate the creation of long-term relationships with our clients, IBM partners, 3PAO external auditors, and most importantly our designated FedRAMP Joint Approval Board (JAB) members.
- Candidates interested in this role must demonstrate the ability to understand contract requirements, define information security related requirements including the estimated level of effort (LOE) to complete taskings that meet the goals of the customer, respond to external annual evaluations (e.g. SOC I II & 3PAO), validation of system security controls, risk management, and standard FedRAMP policies/procedures.
- Our SDM will be required to perform as an IBM Coach to approximately a dozen information security team members and support them in achieving their career goals.
- Must be comfortable meeting with employees at least quarterly to discuss performance and the status of their career goals.
- You will have a minimum of ten (10) years related experience is required, eight (8) of which must be specialized in information security for federal cloud service providers, one (1) year of team management experience.
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Facilitate compliance with FedRAMP Policies/procedures maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO) and security compliance our federal cloud environments (30%)
- Interface with our clients, IBM partners, 3PAO external auditors, and our FedRAMP JAB (30%)
- Perform as a IBM BP Coach (15%)
- Coordinate with operation and security operation teams to ensure all information security related issues are addressed in a (10%)
- Perform in a SME capacity on client engagements on a as needed bases (10%)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Federal Information Security – 10 years experience
- FedRAMP Compliance Experience – 8 years experience
- Customer Facing Interface – 8 years experience
- Vulnerability compliance and remediation reporting – 8 years experience
- Maintain Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) – 8 years experience
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and Configuration Baselining – 3 years experience
- Certified in industry recognized areas such as CISSP,CISM, CISA, or Security+
- Security Clearance: Public Trust / Interim Secret
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) – 3 years experience
- DISA IL4/5 Security Requirements – 3 years experience
- Container Security Best Practices – 1 year experience
- Mainframe Security Best Practices – 1 Year Experience
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) Applications (e.g. Xacta, Archer, or eMASS) – 1 Year Experience
- Security Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Center, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors