Full Job Description
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere – every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us – inspires us – to do what we do. To make what we want. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
HP has ambitious goals for the next generation of secure print devices. In the Enterprise Platform Lab we are looking for visionaries who are willing to push boundaries to help us lead the world in Print Security. We are looking for those who are insatiably curious, able to work across borders and without limits, and who possess the passion to help shape the future of Security in the Print Business. We are looking for those with the drive to maintain the title of “The World’s Most Secure Printers”. As the Master Architect for Print Security, you will be responsible for leading the technical direction and architecture across our products to ensure the best technical decisions are being made.
- Perform analysis, investigations, architecture and detailed design, API document development, and security library development and integration to support delivery of device security features needed in hardcopy devices.
- Influence the strategies and solution plans being developed in the business teams as they pertain to security. Provide technical consultation/guidance regarding options, strategies, choice points, and technologies relevant to executing on the product vintage chart and major customer escalations.
- Translate strategies into the technology choices, architecture designs, and development processes that will allow HP to best execute to those strategies. Provide updates and review with the lab and section staff, PMTs, architecture teams, SM Forums, and key partners.
- Support the successful release of products by working closely with the engineering teams to execute on the strategies and designs described above. In addition to developing architectural designs, this includes recommending development strategies, fostering partnerships with teams outside the lab, influencing lead engineers within and outside the lab to drive to a common vision, and developing components.
- Actively participate as a core member of firmware architecture teams to ensure device security needs are met as architectural pallet choices are defined.
- Assist system engineers and PMs with in identifying, documenting and scoping Security related firmware requirements
- Help improve long-term development efficiencies by implementing initiatives to reduce the number of security escalations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including strong oral, teaching, and communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with developing secure architectures, cryptography and PKI concepts, algorithms, deployment, and application
- Experience with Linux security: permissions, hardening and securing, monitoring and attack detection, and security tools
- Knowledge of strategies for implementing effective security within a device
- Expert in C, C++
- Ability to work effectively with international teams
Highly desirable but not required:
- Relevant Security Certification such as CISSP or GSEC
- Knowledge of security risk assessment procedures and security attack pathologies
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and auditing methodologies and technologies
- Knowledge of web communication security, virtualization and cloud security, and web security
- Knowledge of network security and network protocols
- Knowledge of Windows and Windows CE security
- Familiar with ARM CPU architecture including TrustZone
- Experience in C#, .NET
- Address Boise, ID, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors