This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
In this role, you will play the mission-critical role of ensuring that critical systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. This role requires a thoughtful problem solver with excellent communication skills. The security architect is responsible for designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable application infrastructure on premise and in the Cloud. Executive presence and high emotional intelligence superb interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills; ability to facilitate complex discussions and bring them to resolution.
If you want to be a part of one of theBEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Serves as an internal senior trusted advisor providing security consulting services across multiple project teams, and other IT leaders, to provide advice on security.
- Assists with compensating control alternatives where security requirements cannot be met.
- Integrates efforts and extensively collaborates with Enterprise Architecture, Cloud, and Infrastructure teams to move with greater speed and accuracy.
- Promotes and fosters collaboration and standardization across multiple internal technology groups based on common technology interests and priorities.
- Establishes and maintains a repository of reference architectures, deploys best practices and lessons learned to drive efficient business development initiatives and continuously explore ways to shorten time to production.
- Monitors emerging business and cybersecurity trends and proactively identify emerging cybersecurity use cases and drive innovation opportunities.
- Analyzes technical risks and advises on risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifies teams needed based on the proposed solution.
- Works with the Project Manager, Engineer, technical application leads and Functional/Business Analysts to develop a high-level project schedule, resource plan for the project, and project costs.
- Applies technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap.
- Works with architecting, designing, and supporting cloud infrastructure and its solutions.
- Develops technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborates with other Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions.
- Leads and participates in Security Governance planning and execution.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Creates comprehensive security requirements documenting certifications, compliance, and privacy requirements prior to product release.
- Supports Costco’s Architecture ecosystem by working with Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architects, System Architects and Platform Architects to ensure security by design.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- Identity and Access Management.
- Cloud Security knowledge.
- Cloud Networking.
- Data Security.
- Infrastructure Security.
- Zero Trust.
- Security Monitoring.
- Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors