About the job
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting position you will work on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge in two or more specialized areas.
- You are responsible for driving the design and implementation efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance alignment w/ the product roadmap with a focus on security development & automation.
- Will interact w/ functional leaders to support these technical initiatives.
- Responsible for the oversight, ownership, and determination of technical security architecture requirements for client systems as well as well as IBM platforms.
- Act as technical SME / leader for the engineering operations team.
- Serve as member of leadership team.
- Technical leader for new business cyber solutions and enhancement of existing solutions.
- Approver for all technical cyber solutions proposed.
- Continuous review of existing system security architecture and provide recommendations for enhancements, changes, & additions.
- Determine technical security requirements for client and internal systems by evaluating business needs and translating to cyber security solutions.
- Research information security standards; conduct system security analysis, review of architecture/platform; identify integration issues; provide cost estimates for proposed solutions in support of new cyber solutions and existing system enhancements.
- Plan and conduct regular system tests and evaluations to ensure continued integrity of architecture and controls.
- Develop project milestones and timelines by working with Security Operations Leadership and PMO staff for new security initiatives and system upgrades.
- Oversight of the implementation of security systems including security methodologies, applications, and equipment.
- Work with Security operations team to establish disaster recovery procedures and conducting incident response drills to support security compliance initiatives.
- Support Security operations Center during Incident response as needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise Cloud Security architectures for the Federal government
- Leadership experience – managing senior technical resources
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of the current marketplace as it applies to the Federal sector
- Experience working with multiple security solutions including SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management, Network Security, AppSec, SOAR and other tools
- Proficient with network stack design and implementation
- DoD 8570 CISSP certification required
- Security Clearance: Must have or able to obtain a Secret clearance
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience with Federal enterprise-scale
- Familiar with Federal statues, mandates, policies, and standards including FISMA, FIPS, FICAM, Privacy Act, NIST Special Publications, OMB Circulars, DoD and Presidential mandates
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK Framework and/or threat intelligence concepts
- Familiar with Multi/Hybrid Cloud Services
- Ability to research and implement emerging security technology
- Scripting languages (i.e. Pearl, Python…)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors