About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Security architects understand strategic priorities, business requirements, technical requirements, issues identification, issue remediation and are called on to develop and articulate robust and innovative security solutions to address these all. Our Security Architects provide subject matter expertise in creating, implementing, and maintaining appropriate enterprise security programs, policies, and procedures to be compliant with all applicable regulations, including SOC2, EBA regulations, NIST controls, and others. They present, review and modify the solution with key stakeholders to validate alignment with compliance/business need and technical feasibility. In the end, the solutions they build align with internal security, regulatory, and governmental entity requirements and successfully deliver on all commitments.
A Security Architect is a subject matter expert for security and regulatory compliance. They fill a critical role in the overall success of a project and are the primary source of IBM Cloud security solution design and development. They work in conjunction with the larger pursuit team (Sales, TSM, HR, C&N, Delivery, Pricing, and Risk) to deliver a winning solution that prioritizes the remediation of security gaps and follows secure engineering principles within the infrastructure, and which are informed by external regulatory guidance and objectives.
- Take Control
- Position IBM value through architecture discussions and workshops
- Set the technical strategy for sales opportunities
- Lead requirements gathering and analysis
- Design Security Solutions using IBM Security Capabilities
- Client Facing Presentations & Whiteboard discussions
- Work as an integral part of a sales team.
- Own key Executive relationships
- Drive customer success in Security
Location: The candidate must reside in the continental United States. Near a hub airport highly desirable, travel 30-50%
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Security Leadership: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Security leader, Director or Chief Information Security Officer.
- Proven experience for a minimum of 5 years of deep technical expertise in software security and architecture.
- 5 years’ experience working across teams to identify security requirements and translate requirements into technical architecture designs.
- Proficiency with compliance frameworks: SOC2, GDPR, EBA, NIST controls, etc.
- Experience with:
- SIEM (QRadar, Splunk, Nitro, etc.)
- SOAR (Resilient, Demisto, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Ticketing (JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- EDR (VMWare React, FireEye, CrowdStrike, etc.)
- DAST/SAST (IBM AppScan, SonarQube, etc.)
- Vulnerability & Baseline (Qualys, Tenable Security Center, etc)
- Communication – Both verbal and written skills are critical. Should be able to ‘command the room’ via technical storytelling in a credible manner, leveraging both personal and organizational experience applicable to the customer situation. Experience developing customer proposals, technical presentations, and architecture diagrams, and communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Architecture methodologies and tools – able to apply architectural thinking plus some familiarity with methods and tools utilized in solution design, risk assessment, etc. This includes requirements and use case gathering.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Information Security Knowledge- A fundamental understanding of Security covering an understanding of Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Secure Communications and Networking, IAM, Assessment & Testing, Operations, Software Development and Cloud-specific requirements. CISSP, CCSP and/or CISM certifications are preferred.
- Business Knowledge- A working knowledge of business and finance, including cost-benefit analysis, risk management, and other foundational concepts.
- Sales and Leadership- Experience working in a Technical Sales Support/Consulting position and solution selling. Ability to lead teams.
- Technical Acumen – A fundamental understanding of IT Systems and Services across the spectrum
- Industry Expertise: Experience in the Energy and Utilities, Telecom or communications industry with a large operational technology (OT) environment.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors