Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
Individuals in the GRC Security Analyst II role provide information security and operational support for customers, internal/external auditors, business users, contractors and strategic third-parties, as well as IT staff. These services include performing security consultations and/or operational tasks under the banner of the global information security program. The Security Analyst II is seen as being a subject matter expert within their area of responsibility. This position regularly provides guidance, consultation and applicable training to less experienced members of the Company. They will be required to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners. They are responsible for assisting in protecting Unum’s information assets and systems and to provide our internal and external customers confidence in our global security program and capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Shares security knowledge and expertise in multiple cross-organizational enterprise forums. Sphere of influence extends across the enterprise, including prospective and existing customers, third-party partners and senior level managers
- Perform security risk assessments on third-party strategic partners
- Review customer and third-party contracts for data, security and privacy language
- Partners with sales and client management to respond to information security program inquiries, assessments
- Represent information security in sales meetings
- Establishing, updating, consulting on information security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Review, process and manage policy exception requests for business partners
- Provides support for the security tool portfolio and processes.
- Uses knowledge of Unum’s security framework, technical environment, and cross-organizational IT functions to make security decisions and recommendations.
- Exercises leadership behaviors in situations that are moderate in terms of complexity, ambiguity, and dependencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science, business or comparable work experience
- Has 4+ years of related work experience in information security, risk management, privacy, external/internal audit, and customer facing support or consulting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information security standards and best practices, software, products and technologies
- Has knowledge of privacy or IT regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, NAIC, GLBA and frameworks such as NIST, ISO
- Gold standard information security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other related certifications preferred
- Working effectively in an ambiguous environment and across geographical locations, and functioning independently,
- Detecting and analyzing improper actions in such an environment
- Responding to security questions or inquiries with a sense of urgency
- Delivers effective, high-quality solutions in a timely manner while balancing shifting priorities and, at times, accelerated timelines
- Facilitates matching business needs and services options by leveraging knowledge of business strategy, processes, and market offerings to assist in evaluating the most appropriate products and services to meet requirements
- Maintains close relationships with the business to understand strategy, processes, plans, and needs to help influence planning by advising on best practices, innovative technology, and enablement opportunities
- Communicates effectively with business partners, customers, brokers, third party suppliers/partners, and systems resources at all levels.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proactive thinking skills
- Has strong oral and written communications skills
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5