About Encore Boston Harbor
Encore Boston Harbor features 210,000 square-feet of gaming space including more than 3,000 slot machines and 240 table games. Situated on the Mystic River in Everett, Massachusetts, and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor boasts 671 spacious hotel rooms, a spa, salon and fitness center, specialty retail shops, 15 dining and lounge venues and more than 50,000 square feet of ballroom and meeting spaces. The grounds feature a six-acre Harborwalk with pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the waterfront, an event lawn, public art and ornate floral displays. It is the largest private, single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Encore Boston Harbor Security Analyst is responsible for collecting, preparing and analyzing data and reports within the Security department. The Security Analyst refines specific processes by analyzing current practices and developing strategies that will improve efficiency, productivity, or profitability. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining all Encore Standards and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience. Specific essential functions include analyzing data, preparing reports, , facilitating internal and external correspondence, note taking, and department record keeping, and other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Security and Investigations.
- Creates detailed reports based on data analysis findings including visual depictions of data, graphs, and charts to present to management.
- Collects & prepares data for IEB/MGC Monthly and Quarterly reporting.
- Monitors and tracks incidents for Employee/Vendor misconduct resulting in Trespass to notify HR/MGC.
- Monitors banned patron and assists in trespass appeals.
- Monitors the incident management database & creates reports for MGC State Exclusions.
- Reviews sensitive key reports for discrepancies per MGC regulations and produces reports for daily notifications to the MGC.
- Creates BOLOs from reports/investigation details to distribute within Security & other departments.
- Analyzes and produces incident frequency data for management to assess scheduling needs.
- Prepares various reports from data extracted in several internal systems (iTrak, Opera, Patron Management, Veridocs, Morse Watchman KeyWatcher, Virtual Roster, Visionline, etc.) as needed by management.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participate in the execution of short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records, and reports.
- Verifies that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and controls property wide are enforced within the department.
- Works on special projects as assigned by executive management.
- Follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other duties as requested. Fields telephone calls, assists vendors, prepares business correspondences, creates spreadsheets and presentations, files.
- Prepares meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Gathers, interprets, and uses complex data to develop actionable steps that will improve processes and optimize results.
- Assesses departmental needs, receives robust information, and analyzes it, looking for telltale trends or areas for improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain a Service Level registration issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a professional work environment, preferably handling confidential and time sensitive data.
Requires strong computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Required to create graphs and charts for data reporting, therefore proficiency in Excel is highly desirable.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher various reports and create and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Address Everett, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5