Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Security Advisor is responsible for all functions associated with the role of site security, including but not limited to personnel, physical, operations, and communications security disciplines.
To apply direct: https://careers.oceaneering.com/global/en/job/20034/Security-Advisor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the positive control of all classified accountable items, ensuring that Oceaneering is compliant with contractual security obligations identified in the contract security classification specification (DD Form 254).
- Provide oversight and guidance to the assigned workforce.
- May supervise junior security officers.
- Coordinate with contract field locations as applicable.
- Prepare and develop materials to support facility security audits as required.
- Maintain general security education in the following areas: foreign travel, defensive security, courier briefings and other ongoing training as needed.
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Maintain DD Form 254 files for all classified contracts and prepares DD Form 254 for subcontractors as required. May provide oversight and direct guidance to subcontractor security organizations.
- Facilitate personnel requests for security clearance and support the acquisition process as needed.
- Process all incoming and outgoing visitor clearance/access certifications for both collateral and program cleared visitors.
- Take the lead role in ensuring compliance with information systems security requirements.
- May interface with customer I/T counterparts to facilitate system approvals.
- Advise Oceaneering Management on implementation of physical security measures required to safeguard personnel and prevent unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, and materials.
- Provide secure movement of official classified or unclassified contract materials. Track and maintain the chain of custody on all accountable packages, parcels, and equipment being transported in support of contract requirements.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 25%).
- Other duties as assigned by the Security Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in a related field (e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminal Law, Homeland Security, Business Administration) preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in a related career or Military Occupational Specialty may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum two years of government security industry and at least five years of security officer experience required.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. RMF Training beneficial.
- Working knowledge and experience implementing:
- Department of Defense (DoD) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Relevant Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)
- DoD 5105.21-M-1
- Communications Security (COMSEC) policy guidance
- Joint Air Force-Army-Navy (JAFAN) Manual 6/0
- Technical writing skills.
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance with investigation conducted within the past five years.
- Successful completion of a CI polygraph to support contract requirements as needed.
- Current U.S. passport.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering’s offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
- Address Hanover, MD, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5